Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Those look very nice! Enjoy the change...small changes can make you feel you're driving a new car don't they?

I'm thinking about adding a little more spice to my completely black car. Still not sure choosing between red wing mirrors or keep it a little more neutral with the "black jack" mirror caps.

Would really love the real carbon ones but they are so **** expensive :(

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those look very nice! Enjoy the change...small changes can make you feel you're driving a new car don't they?

I'm thinking about adding a little more spice to my completely black car. Still not sure choosing between red wing mirrors or keep it a little more neutral with the "black jack" mirror caps.

Would really love the real carbon ones but they are so **** expensive :(
I saw an all black MCSD and it had red wings and it looked great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Saw pepper white mini one with mismatched yellow and pink mirror caps today. It actually looked very cute (as did the driver). Would look pretty weird on a cooper s or a jcw though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it looks odd. As it doesn't match the rest of the vehicle at all.

For your color scheme I would recommend blackjack or Chrome or carbon fibre if you don't like black. Red just draws too much attention on your style of vehicle - like a red nose.

Just wo cents... But this is honest opinion and I know those caps could easily be resold and it is great if YOU like it, as that is what matters most.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it looks odd. As it doesn't match the rest of the vehicle at all.

For your color scheme I would recommend blackjack or Chrome or carbon fibre if you don't like black. Red just draws too much attention on your style of vehicle - like a red nose.

Just wo cents... But this is honest opinion and I know those caps could easily be resold and it is great if YOU like it, as that is what matters most.
I really appreciate your honest opinion. I was aware that this colour combination wouldn't be every ones cup of tea, even though I am quite surprised with so many positive comments.

I went for the red wings to make the car stand out a bit as its always dull here in England and all grey and black can make the car look a tad bit bland.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THE RED-paint the callipers too! I think it lifts the whole car! As above, it's what you like however that matters most and we are all different thank heavens!

·
Registered
95 Posts
looks great!! Somehow I thought it would be something more... radical asking for our opinion and all... Its always better taking the other half by surprise. There's nothing they can do about it. I do the same... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm goin to go with the blue look, I have some blue stickers already and have changed to inside lights to blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
122 Posts
Not to throw a damp towel on the room, but I really can't stand posts like this.

It's a personal mod. It shouldn't matter what everyone else thinks. The only thing you should be concerned with is that you like it. If you are worried about the opinions of others, then you will never get to express your own personal style./rant

With that being said, it looks neat. I'm assuming this is your style, so if it is, it suits you well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts