Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just had the Remus Catback with race pipe installed on my F55 and resonator valves.

An FYI.. to anyone thinking of the install, I was first told that the F56 remus would be a direct fit, however it is not.

My installer mentioned that the exhaust pipes at the back had to be extended.

I am totally satisfied with the outcome :D , no highway drones not too loud but subtle at the same time. Just had it for 2 days and I am still testing the way the exhaust reacts to the way I drive.

I felt with the valves closed and in between 2 and 3 gear which is when normally I think you get to hear the music it is muted :| . With the valves open it behaves as expected >:D. It is just my initial observation. May be it requires a tune.

At this point I just made only a single video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559cYOE2V7Y

Thanks,
Arun

·
Registered
478 Posts
It's strange, "race pipe" for me always means trying to pass the track noise tests, and not tripping the noise meters or your see a black flag.

I have spend hundreds of pounds trying to make my car quieter, but then again I do have to wear ear defenders or I would have been deaf by now

·
MiniF56.com Vendor
61 Posts
@itsrottweiler Hello Arun. Thank you for the video and review of the install. I spoke with the shop initially before the install and informed them that there may be a slight mod needed due to the F55 being slightly longer and they were aware going in and didn't think there would be an issue to accommodate it and said they should have no problem adapting it. They are a great shop and you were in good hands with them.

Based on my findings I thought that all of the hanging points would be the same and they were which made the install pretty easy and seamless minus the slight adapter needed. I am going to report back this info to Remus to see if they can create an extension for the pipes moving forward. It sounds great and I am glad that you are happy with the system. Please also note that you will get an even deeper tone once you put some miles on the car and allow some of the carbon to build up. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions moving forward. Talk to you soon.

Mike

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Tiger, my Buddies over at Mini Mayhem/500 Madness make and have a lot of cool Stuff too. The have been tuning Smart Cars and Fiat 500 for Years and now going/doing Mini Stuff. Keep am Eye on there Site.

Here is a Mini they did for the LA Auto Show. Boris and the Gang are great to deal with I have been a Customer for Years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts