Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Randomly noticed this today, hadn't seen it before but it must have been like this from new in December as I've only lifted the bonnet three times since buying the car and certainly had no knocks!

The drivers side chrome surround doesn't match up, it's not level. I've included a photo from near (pic 1), far (pic 2) and the opposite passenger side (pic 3).

Anyone else's Mini wonky?

Anyone else had the issue and it's been resolved?

Is it 'one of those things' or worth complaining about? I can't imagine what the fix would be, there is no give in it whatsoever.

Hmm.

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

Pic 3.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I've seen this before, think my Cooper D didn't quite line up but not as dramatic as yours. I presume they'll be able to re-align it, but if they can't do it right in the first place I presume it may end up happening to drop over time again?

·
Registered
307 Posts
From memory if you open the bonnet and look at the hinge there is a 'bump stop' on each hinge that looks like it determines the height of the bonnet at the rear. It looks a simple case of winding in or out...
From the picture it looks like your bonnet sits slightly lower than the A panel, and not just the chrome trim. A simple adjustment should sort it...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From memory if you open the bonnet and look at the hinge there is a 'bump stop' on each hinge that looks like it determines the height of the bonnet at the rear. It looks a simple case of winding in or out...
From the picture it looks like your bonnet sits slightly lower than the A panel, and not just the chrome trim. A simple adjustment should sort it...
Thanks, will have a look tomorrow in the daylight and hopefully the dry!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is the same... I thought it was a bit odd and popped in to my local dealer to ask if it were normal. They confirmed that the trims are rarely perfect and that it was normal. Not sure how much of it is true but I've accepted it as a Mini idiosyncrasy :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
My passenger side is like this. The drivers side is better.

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Rim Tire

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just before cleaning mine today I noticed quite a hefty difference, sent an email to Williams in Stockport asking if I can pop in one lunch time this week and get this adjusted... Concerned about a paint rub scenario!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.