Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my Mini One for nearly a year now and the mods are definitely under way.
(cosmetic only, no performance mods....yet)

I initially began with plastdip, and turned all the chrome on the car to matte black, but I soon became fed up of the matte black (some of it was starting to peel off as well) and decided I wanted to go for something else.

I then stripped the plastidip off and wrapped the brake and headlight rings in carbon fibre and tinted the brake lights as well as the side indicators.

After this, I bought a 'beltline blackout kit' from eBay and proceeded to tackle the horrible chrome beltline.

Then, it was onto the front bumper. When I picked up my car from the dealership they had installed my front plate with two screws directly into the front bumper bar, as previously discussed in this thread: http://www.minif56.com/forum/385-appearance-body/33130-uk-front-plate-options.html

This gave me the perfect excuse to replace the matte black bumper bar that comes standard on the 'One' with a nice shiny gloss black one which then allowed to me trim my plate and stick it on.

At the same time, I decided to add a little something to the car so opted to fit the John Cooper Works front grille - which I think looks awesome!

Note: I am not trying to pretend I have a JCW...I just really like the splash of red it adds to the car.

Aaaand thats it so far but I'm currently toying with the idea of adding some more red to the car with red brake callipers, red mirrors and a red roof.
And maybe a JCW spoiler.
And maybe some lowered springs.
And maybe tinting the rear windows

Will attach some photos from before and after, would love to hear your opinions on the car so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am very excited after seeing these photos. I ordered my MC in Aug and waiting for delivery. It is black and will have the black surround the lights etc same as you have done. Looks great. Was it easy taking the front end off?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
375 Posts
It a matter of taste but my MINI is all black and I like the contrast of the black and the chrome.

But you are right that a small red accent is nice and in my case the "S" takes care of that. Sometimes I look at the carbon bonnet scoop or the carbon wing mirror caps but the price of those accessories is ridiculous imho. I'm just not willing to spend that much money at this moment but hey who knows how I feel about this in one year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.