Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got it after 10 weeks of waiting and had a lot of problem with MINI dealership in Ottawa nothing unprofessional just miscommunication with them here she is after owning a R56 2008 S >:D

Ill drop some 18" wheels on it asap and im wrapping all the chrome :3 more to come for sure but for new i just want to enjoy it!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Thanks! yes this color is hel,l but its so pretty in person *-*

Thank you kind sir :)

Thanks a lot! Yes.. 600 km on it still counting doing my break in the right way no more than 4,5k rmp and 140km/h till 2000km >:D
You will have a hard time sticking to your mph plan as they like to go fast and will trick you into more speed! Enjoy your new toy and the smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thanks! yes this color is hel,l but its so pretty in person *-*
Don't sweat it.....those of us who love black on black cars "get it"! ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the JCW looks though all black!

18" wheels? Wow, Sir, you're brave. I take off my hat

As much as I would love the looks of 18 wheels, with such awful streets in Mexico it is just unthinkable. Did you get the adaptive damping option?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the JCW looks though all black!

18" wheels? Wow, Sir, you're brave. I take off my hat

As much as I would love the looks of 18 wheels, with such awful streets in Mexico it is just unthinkable. Did you get the adaptive damping option?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Thanks! chrome bit is getting wrapped in 1 week and yeah i changed my plan and might go with the neuspeed 17'' rse05 with bigger tire so i can at least for now clear the gap *-* my car came with the sport suspension so yes i have AD

·
Registered
763 Posts
my car came with the sport suspension so yes i have AD
Sport suspension and adaptive dampeners are different things. Adaptive dampeners adjust firmness based on ECO, Mid, or Sport mode, Sport Suspension is one setting all the time, non adjustable. There is also the JCW Pro Coil-overs but these are not installed at the factory, only available as a dealer installed option. These are height adjustable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sport suspension and adaptive dampeners are different things. Adaptive dampeners adjust firmness based on ECO, Mid, or Sport mode, Sport Suspension is one setting all the time, non adjustable. There is also the JCW Pro Coil-overs but these are not installed at the factory, only available as a dealer installed option. These are height adjustable.
i know all that when i said clear the gap i was saying with tire height not suspension

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but you are right the sport suspension does not have ad my bad i didnt understand but they do stiff up in sport that i can asure you or its just me that get harder in sport mode >:D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The only difference in sport mode for the handling is the throttle response is quicker & the steering is tighter....the suspension does not adjust it just feels more responsive. It's not in your head. ;-)

The only advantage of the variable damping is if you want a slightly softer ride than the sport suspension.

I'm a fan of the sport suspension on my JCW as its not too harsh imo. I love it actually!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts