Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys and gals
I finally pick it up today! It was love at first sight! :D0:)
Here are a few fast pic's as the noseeums were coming out and we have noseeums super bad here as were so close to the water .....

All I can say can't wait to start my mods!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations! You baby looks absolutely fantastic!! Is that MINI Yours Fiber Alloy interior? If so, this is the first time that I saw Fiber Alloy on the door panel, and it is gorgeous! To say the photo in online configurator does not do its justice is an understatement. Not only did it not show the rich texture of the fiber alloy, the door panel piece is shown in piano black. We were considering fiber alloy, but the dealer did not have any car in stock with that option. The salesperson told us, incorrectly, that it had glossy finish. As a result, we opted for Dark Silver insert. On top of that, we were not told that it came with light tube. Oh man, so wish that we had gone with our instinct.

Again, congratulations on your sweet ride. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I've noticed they've changed the Fiber Alloy trim in the doors. It used to be piano black now it appears to be like a grey that complements it better.

I was wondering why they changed all the MINI Yours option codes a couple months ago... :)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Looks great always liked blue. You need to get the black Rings around the Lights. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fantastic photos - they put Mini's own to shame!

Fantastic car too. Fibre Alloy rocks! :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
SWEET! That's a perfect color for a Florida car! Great camera work too....MINI should hire you to take photos for a brochure, that would help all of us make purchasing decisions instead of relying on the computer generated "optics"! Enjoy!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry if this is a bit thick what are "noseeums"
Those tiny, tiny gnats that you can't see, but still bite like the devil... and fly up your nose, into your ears... ugh, now I'm itchy.

In other news - wow - that car came out spectacular. That is insanely blue and it's fantastic! Very well done. Nice touch with the scoop and the alloy interior.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Those tiny, tiny gnats that you can't see, but still bite like the devil... and fly up your nose, into your ears... ugh, now I'm itchy.

In other news - wow - that car came out spectacular. That is insanely blue and it's fantastic! Very well done. Nice touch with the scoop and the alloy interior.
What he said! if you don't know what they are then your LUCKY! ;)

Thanks everyone!
All I can say I had thought I was downsizing by going back to a Mini cooper from a 135I BMW x6BMW and x1 35I BMW but after getting the car and after a day ! I beg to differ! I upgraded ! LOL I have put 750 mile so far in one day as I had to drive to Tenn to check on my dad and what a ride ! the only complaint i have is the seat belt rubs my neck I don't know if it the placement or what.... I was getting around 31.9 MPG average on Hwy. doing a lot of fun driving!:D My fave is SPORT MODE! This car has a tone of SPUNK AND POWER!>:D

The run flats can be nosy on certain payment and a little hard too nothing drastic or to be unexpected. The stereo is super too it sounds like the one in my previous BMW but Id say about 10% better as it a smaller car.

Another little pet peeve is when you press to squirt the windshield fluid it only wipes once not three time like other past cars had... Maybe you can program this? as one wipe isn't enough !

When you take your first curve sorta fast you will then Have the light bulb go off in your head ! and you will think...." THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A MINI COOPER":D

on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 15!:)

Ill do a real nice shoot after I black out all the exterior chrome this week!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've noticed they've changed the Fiber Alloy trim in the doors. It used to be piano black now it appears to be like a grey that complements it better.

I was wondering why they changed all the MINI Yours option codes a couple months ago... :)
I noticed this too. The white interior already had white door trim, and the other two had piano black trim. It seems that the fiber alloy now has fiber alloy door trim, so does that mean the cotton wood now has cotton wood door trim?

Also it seems the parking assistant is no longer a package, but rather a stand alone option. I wonder why this is. on the configurator (which I know is not always right) it will not allow you to add this with the fully loaded package anymore which seems weird. It says that fully loaded adds rear PDC so there is an ordering conflict, but it used to be that you could tack the park assistant package on and it would override that. I am a little confused as to what has changed as something certainly has changed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow it's so nice...

My favorite color, I went for V.O. though since I did not want to pay the extra for the metallic :-(

I normally like this color better with white roof/stripes, and light alloys, but this looks a little bit more evil >:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on the new Mini :) As you can tell, I also like the electric blue. Mine's one that came with the piano black bits on the doors, along with the "standard" (according to the Mini builder site) carbon black color line. If I could have customized the interior colors, what I had envisioned was very similar to yours. I went for a car that was already built, so I wouldn't have to wait months for my baby.

I also would have preferred a white roof and stripes, because Texas summers, but it came with a black roof. I agree with farouche, it looks a little bit more mischievous in black :D

Driving definitely still is fun, months after receiving the car :D Don't worry, that silly grin that seems to creep up when driving won't go away anytime soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts