Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thunder Grey all the way! How did you get your action shot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thunder Grey all the way! How did you get your action shot?
Yes dude!! ..GoPro with a suction cup on a delayed time shot; gets awesome results at night!

Apart from the great car, your photo's are very good, are you a professional or a keen amateur photographer?
Thanks! Just enjoy trying to find some cool shots - they're all taken on a GoPro Hero 3 - Even got some cool footage of the exhaust popping .. i'll try post it.. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here's a few of my Thunder Grey Mini, had it for a couple of months now..

I absolutely love it!!

And an action shot..

Niiiiice you don't see many unmolested all thunder grey ones, im not a lover of stripes, had mine slightly less time than yours, how are you driving yours, I have only done 900 miles!! apart from the odd slip I haven't taken mine over 4k revs yet, scared I might hurt the poor thing >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Niiiiice you don't see many unmolested all thunder grey ones, im not a lover of stripes, had mine slightly less time than yours, how are you driving yours, I have only done 900 miles!! apart from the odd slip I haven't taken mine over 4k revs yet, scared I might hurt the poor thing >:D
What!! :eek:

I drive mine out of the box, no need for running in these days just enjoy it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had it since the 1st of Feb! ..I've just clocked up 3000 miles, averaging 35mpg.. i did get 56mpg on a long journey, the 'Fish' was really happy.

Liking the thunder grey under a moody sky :)
Thanks dude, i'll try take some more and manufacture some lightning in there ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think official running in is 1200 miles as then you can use the launch control and the engine should be loosened
Launch control

is that Autos only ?

dont think i have that on the mini!

shes just getting to 1200 miles now, went to see my pops this morning so did give it a few more beans ;) see feels like shes opening up a bit more every day now

·
Registered
84 Posts
Launch control

is that Autos only ?

dont think i have that on the mini!

shes just getting to 1200 miles now, went to see my pops this morning so did give it a few more beans ;) see feels like shes opening up a bit more every day now

Haha that good to hear! Mine at 1225 miles now so anything goes from now on :)

Yeah I think launch control is auto only, not tried it yet but I won't lie I'm excited to do so as the autobox is brutal without it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Had it since the 1st of Feb! ..I've just clocked up 3000 miles, averaging 35mpg.. i did get 56mpg on a long journey, the 'Fish' was really happy.

Thanks dude, i'll try take some more and manufacture some lightning in there ;)
3,000 miles in two months?! CRAZY. I'm at 3,300 and I've had mine since December 23rd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3,000 miles in two months?! CRAZY. I'm at 3,300 and I've had mine since December 23rd.
I know.. I know.. I've had to make a few unexpected trips; either way, it's a great place to spend all that time!!

Amazing pics and Car, what camera did you use for this man? The images looks so perfect that I can just use them as wallpapers :)
Ha! Thanks dude, I used a GoPro for the stills, actually - the shot of the rear is taken on my phone..

..I'll get the proper camera out on it soon; should have at the weekend - I spent 5 hours cleaning it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.