Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm just nearing the end of my lease on my 2012 Cooper (34,000 miles) and I have to say it just gets sweeter and sweeter - especially the stick shift. For about the first 10-15K it wasn't a particularly pleasurable experience. Super notchy with an annoyingly strong spring towards the center of the gate.

Now....its a thing of beauty. Rifle bolt quick and finger light. Just perfect.

Similarly, the fuel consumption is pretty impressive these days. My regular tank involves about half of it cruising along at 75-90, the other half zipping around back lanes. The display tells me I typically get around 37/38 miles per US gallon.

I'm wondering if Mini's are made to bed in and peak after about 25K? I seem to remember my BM's used to hit their stride around the same mileage. What do you think?

·
Registered
85 Posts
If they really bed in after 25k (km) then that's a real bummer; most drivers are doing this in more than a year, sometimes even 2. I hope BMW did not plan this as part of bedding in the car.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Sounds good to me! Pretty decent now so if it improves......... wife's roadster s came really good after about 2000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts