Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, every time my 2015 JCW is wet or in a humid environment there is an outline of what might have been a sticker on the windshield just off center and to the left (LHD). It disappears in dry conditions. I have washed the windshield numerous times outside & inside, only for the outline to reappear in the right temperatures & humidity. It's about 8" long x 4" wide. Could this have been a sticker on the inside of the windshield with the dock of shipment on it or some such thing? I'm thinking it must have been on the inside....totally baffling I can't get rid of it.

Thoughts?

John

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
I always use the 2 to 1 method of cleaning / cooking anything with alcohol - 2 parts for me to 1 part for cleaning. always looking at more thing to clean.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you attempted to clean the area with alcohol?
It's worth a try.....I was just hoping some other owner has seen this on their new MINI & knows what the heck it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is it circular? Then it's probably from the suction cup used to lift the screen in place on the production line. I get the same thing on my Discovery still and it's 8 years old!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it circular? Then it's probably from the suction cup used to lift the screen in place on the production line. I get the same thing on my Discovery still and it's 8 years old!
No, it's rectangular & on a slant....I can almost see letters SOLD on there....brand new car but maybe the factory tags the special order cars? Just guessing....sticker or something was definitely there! Inside likely since I have really cleaned the outside!

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's the factory build sheet.

My Audi's one is still visible in some lights/fogginess etc.

I've cleaned it with Alcohol, SwissVax glass cleaner, Meguirs Crystal Glass, AutoGlym Glass polish, Azax (ammonia based), spit, sweat, shouting, I've stared at it and hurrumphed several times all to no avail. My best suggestion is throw a rock at the ******* and get a new screen.

Fortunately I got a stone chip earlier in the week so I will give that the hot water treatment and finally get a new shiny one! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
The car is under warranty, why not bring it back to the dealer and have them work out a solution ❓

1 - 9 of 9 Posts