Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The obligatory epic thread begins!

This will hopefully be a useful thread for all experiences between ourselves and all dealerships connected to us. Ultimately I hope it provides a useful guide for others when ordering their Minis.

In order.
Your Name
Dealership
Salesperson
Rating out of 10
Comments

GoKart7
Mini Berry Heathrow
Gemma Davies
Gemma was with me all day long to give me the deal that I wanted on the phone and email. The 0.5 less was for the dealership not reimbursing travel costs but I couldn't turn Gemma down at the end because she was absolutely excellent. An honourable mention should go to Gabriella Langford-Jones at Dick Lovett Mini Bristol - she would have done the deal too but we never got in touch at the same time and so as it happened Gemma made it happen. For me it was an incredible experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jane_q
Sytner MINI Leicester
Alex Bryan
Alex was brilliant through the whole order process, knows his stuff and has worked for this dealership for 13 yrs. very friendly and enthusiastic without being OTT. Organised test drive in an S for me too. In fact the whole team at Sytner Leicester are great. All were very excited when I went to pick my S up as mine was the 1st S to leave the dealership!!! Nice touch with the bow on the roof when I picked it up!!! Would recommend to anyone to buy from this showroom.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay

Time to take this seriously again - come on you lot pitch in - we need to keep this thread going for the young - uns out in the world terrified about walking in to the death star wanting a Mini!

(Washy will be so proud :D )

Firstly I need to go back to my post:

So - First Order

You know who I am ;)
Mini Heathrow
Gemma Davies
6 (for Gemma) 1 overall for Berry Heathrow

Gemma gets points docked off for not keeping me in the loop thoroughly. Mini Heathrow gets 1 because Gemma's sales manager did not phone twice which was appalling when I requested for an update into what was going on with the car and the 5 month delay and although the dealer principle handed me my deposit back (just like that), I was appalled that she suggested my discount was too much and that she would offer me no compensation for my troubles failing to understand the personal situation I am in of not having my own car since November of last (won't carry on most of you know the story by now!). What was worse she refused therefore to put in a new order to get the car in as she said in two months because she wouldn't give me the same deal and a deal I wouldn't get again...

Er...

Second Order:

It's me again!
Dick Lovett Mini Bristol
Gabriella Langford Jones

So the dealer principle says I can't get the same deal and Gabby hands it to me within an hour. She's a star - honest - just talk to her and tell me you wouldn't want to buy a Mini off her! - she is so kind and considerate and extremely knowledgable! Dealer of the year - period.

Just a mention: Mini UK Customer service 1 for saying they can't do anything for me and BMW customer service 8 for giving me £300 after hearing my experience.

Let's go folks!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Okay

Time to take this seriously again - come on you lot pitch in - we need to keep this thread going for the young - uns out in the world terrified about walking in to the death star wanting a Mini!

(Washy will be so proud :D )
Actually I like the death star point you are making. Over the years I have bought over 30 new cars and a dozen Motorbikes and I still hate going into car dealerships. It is worse for me with the so called premium marques as I am a humble chap and even now tend to feel not worthy as I enter these places.

Over the last 13 years I dread to think how much I have spent at Wollaston in Northampton and they are very good to us so can't single out any particular individual, but I still feel intimidated.
Having said that I can highly recommend them and despite my 'issues' they are good to deal with.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dick Lovett Group

Name: Mac500 (Cameron)
Car: MCS in White Silver (Yes everyone, still White Silver :D)

Dealership: Dick Lovett Hungerford

Sales People: Julian Wraight (Dealer Principal who is that customer focussed, he has even hand washed my car HIMSELF at 6pm on a winters evening) Then onto Richard Tweedle (Sales Manager. A complete VW Aircooled nut that has the same love for MINI) and The MINI Salesman: Jonathan Davies. Young, excitable, enthusiastic, keen, honest and very helpful - even to me, a self confessed spec changing pain in the [email protected]!

Out of 10? Always 10. Always 100%

I have bought so many cars from this dealership alone.
On two occasions I have had to cancel orders for personal reasons and they have NO issue.
They always smile when I walk into the dealership. Nothing is too much trouble.
I know I have spent a great deal of money with the BMW side of the marque at the same dealership but they put you at ease as soon as you walk in.
It's always "Hi Cameron, fancy a Cappuccino?" etc etc and it's always a different member of staff that says hello!
The DP is ALWAYS available for a chat and is ALWAYS my first port of call when I am making an enquiry. He indulges me when choosing whatever model I am looking at and always has a smile.
I never feel awkward, out of my comfort zone or as though I shouldn't be there.

When G7 was having trouble I said that I had this great relationship with the group and recommended them. Little did I know he had already experienced the service and was soon to go back.

I have bought MINI and BMW for myself and M3, RS6 Avant, RS4 Avant, Ferrari, Maserati and oh so may Porsches for my brother (the wealthy one in the family!) who's cars I look after (20 years in the trade gives you a bit of an edge ;))

This means I have spent a great deal of money with this group yet I can still NOT fault them.
Even if there is an issue, as long as you are reasonable, they will bend over backwards to help.

I can honestly say, I went to VW for the GTi and one of the main reasons I am moving to MINI is that the Lovett Group don't have VW and I honestly missed not dealing with Hungerford when buying a car. It felt wrong.

Anyway, hope this helps people with a guide :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
The 0.5 less was for the dealership not reimbursing travel costs but I couldn't turn Gemma down at the end because she was absolutely excellent. .
I can't believe you even have the balls to ask. Surely it was your choice to go to that dealer? I wonder how many other dealers actually offer any travel costs when viewing/test driving cars? Still I guess you don't get if you don't ask.
Texy

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe you even have the balls to ask. Surely it was your choice to go to that dealer? I wonder how many other dealers actually offer any travel costs when viewing/test driving cars? Still I guess you don't get if you don't ask.
Texy
I've always done Texy - it wasn't exactly a choice it was a process of elimination on who offered the deal and then why not as you've mentioned because if you don't ask you won't get - just to indulge you further I asked when ordering again from Bristol but they didn't budge - however customer service was still light years ahead ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Name palgt1 (Pete)

Williams Mini Bolton

Salesperson - Lynsey Irving - 10 out of 10

Slightly different experience to the rest of you as originally I went to the dealership to test drive a Paceman. Already had a R56 JCW with every conceivable extra and as the F56 JCW wasn't yet available thought I'd try something completely different . Didn't like The Paceman enough to make me want to change.
However, the car I ended up buying on the spot , was The MCS VO, Ex demo/launch car, it had enough extras to satisfy my needs and I got a reasonable PX deal . I digress !!

Lynsey was fantastic during the whole process, which in my case amounted to 5 days so I can't comment on aspects of choosing options, keeping me in the loop etc, but as I have had a number of dealings with her over several years, when we have bought and been interested in buying Minis, we have always found her very friendly, easy to deal with (ie a very relaxed atmosphere ) , knowledgable and above all very patient and fair. Nothing appears to be too much trouble. We have not always bought from her, if better deals have been gained elsewhere ( she knows I will always go to other dealerships if I believe I can get better, but she accepts this , knows it's all a game and bears no animosity and knows I will always come back in the future and start the whole process over again ) - she is always our first point of contact and will hopefully deal again in the future .

·
Registered
890 Posts
The Mini team at Harry Fairbairn in Kirkcaldy, led by Charmaine Cleland with honourable mentions to Lewis and Alix, have not put a foot wrong from the minute we were intercepted mooching about in their used-car park to delivery of our MC and now, awaiting new V5 for personal plate. No hard sell or one time offers, just good info and plenty cups of tea.

Nothing too much trouble even though I gave them some hassle when I wanted more feedback.

Trade-in price was lower than I would have liked but that is my fault, they were doing their job and I should learn how to haggle.

Good bunch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your Name
1. Awkward Loki (James)
Dealership
2. Sytner Leicester
Salesperson
3. Claire
Rating out of 10
4. 10/10
Comments
Claire was fab, catering to my ever changing whims. She letting me have as long a test drive as I needed and kept encouraging me to drive faster! I'll never forget her advice at one point in the test drive 'Ok, there's a corner coming up, pop it into second and then floor it coming out of the turn' It felt like the car was on rails! My heart purchased the car there and then:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
1) Your Name
Andy Ross
2) Dealership
Sytner Chigwell
Salesperson
Harry Hitchcock
Rating out of 10
5/10
Comments: Harry was a pushy sales rep & I don't like pushy sales reps. He didn't seem too willing to negotiate a deal with me, then when I found a better deal elsewhere, he became sarcastic with his comments.

Alternative dealership:
Mini Park Lane
Salesperson
Naomi Collins
Rating out of 10
10/10
Comments: Naomi was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't fault her at all. She is not at all pushy, she is helpful, knowledgeable and patient. She explains all the options, negotiates a good deal with the business manager & branch manager & doesn't push you into making a decision. She takes the time to explain the different options and gives you time to consider them. Despite the fact I've added numerous items to my original order, she has always said she'd rather I be happy before the car is built, than unhappy that I didn't add something on. The car itself isn't due until July, this is the date Naomi quoted me when I ordered and it hasn't changed at all. This is the second time I've used Mini Park Lane, but the first time buying a brand new car from them. I can't recommend them highly enough!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer is Louise, Stephen James Blackheath. I'm largely reserving judgement for now but Louise is very friendly and replies quickly to emails (even on her days off).

This will be my first Mini, I usually think I'm okay at haggling but there didn't seem to much, if any, room for negotiation here. Plus I've had some reservations/frustrations about what comes standard and what doesn't. Most manufacturers give you a standard/optional list. Mini just seem to give you an options list.

J

·
Registered
32 Posts
1) Your Name
Andy Ross
2) Dealership
Sytner Chigwell
Salesperson
Harry Hitchcock
Rating out of 10
5/10
Comments: Harry was a pushy sales rep & I don't like pushy sales reps. He didn't seem too willing to negotiate a deal with me, then when I found a better deal elsewhere, he became sarcastic with his comments.

Alternative dealership:
Mini Park Lane
Salesperson
Naomi Collins
Rating out of 10
10/10
Comments: Naomi was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't fault her at all. She is not at all pushy, she is helpful, knowledgeable and patient. She explains all the options, negotiates a good deal with the business manager & branch manager & doesn't push you into making a decision. She takes the time to explain the different options and gives you time to consider them. Despite the fact I've added numerous items to my original order, she has always said she'd rather I be happy before the car is built, than unhappy that I didn't add something on. The car itself isn't due until July, this is the date Naomi quoted me when I ordered and it hasn't changed at all. This is the second time I've used Mini Park Lane, but the first time buying a brand new car from them. I can't recommend them highly enough!
It's the arrogant ones I can't stand. A VW dealer once said to me, 'look, we don't need to make deals to sell our cars'. So I left. That showed him.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My dealer is Louise, Stephen James Blackheath. I'm largely reserving judgement for now but Louise is very friendly and replies quickly to emails (even on her days off).

This will be my first Mini, I usually think I'm okay at haggling but there didn't seem to much, if any, room for negotiation here. Plus I've had some reservations/frustrations about what comes standard and what doesn't. Most manufacturers give you a standard/optional list. Mini just seem to give you an options list.

J
The brochure gives you a list at the back, either request a hard copy, or see the online version :
http://www.minicherished.co.uk/miniuk/minicherished/forms/downloaddigitalbrochure/

Texy

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
MiloMini (real name Miles or Milo)
I've ordered an MC with Boston Mini in Lincolnshire via an online broker. My local dealers weren't that great to be honest and I have to say Nathan (sales executive) has been brilliant.

Loads of emails and calls flying around before I signed the contract and has kept me updated with either emails or phone calls once or twice a week since. More than happy with the service so far even though it's 200 miles away!

Will score once I get my car!

·
Registered
734 Posts
That's fine but it doesn't tell you what you get if you don't choose one of the options. Ie what sort of headlights you get. Just a bug-bear of mine now that it's too late for me to change.

:-(
I agree with this... all the brochures describe fully loaded cars and you have to search to find out what the standard options do.

I wanted to compare visual boost vs media XL, navigation vs navigation XL, ordinary vs LED headlights... even manual vs dual zone air conditioning.

Reading the PDF manual was good, and that Danish option price list, but you have to search for the info.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Milo

I was originally going with Boston - Nathan Shukla? It sort of like failed - Originally it was my friend who was going for one and he introduced me - got a very good discount but at the time I didn't sell my A5 - when I did - the dealership wouldn't budge and that's why I got to Berry Heathrow

Of course the rest as you all are aware is history...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Milo

I was originally going with Boston - Nathan Shukla? It sort of like failed - Originally it was my friend who was going for one and he introduced me - got a very good discount but at the time I didn't sell my A5 - when I did - the dealership wouldn't budge and that's why I got to Berry Heathrow

Of course the rest as you all are aware is history...
Yes that's the one. As you know I had a very good discount via Orange Wheels and they've been great considering the discount on a new build. No pressure at all and although the part ex was terrible (I sold privately in the end) I have never held that against them as I had such a good deal. He has offered to pick me up from the station if I go up by train and help sort out accommodation if I stay overnight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.