Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just traded in my old (2007) R56 MCS for a new F56 MCS today and went for a quick spin round the countryside. When I got back in the evening I looked through the manual to setup the navigation etc but it has no details and refers to another manual which wasn't in the car.

I'll ask the dealer to post me one in the morning, but is there anywhere I can download a PDF version now? I can't see it anywhere on the MINI site.

thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You used to be able to download an app on iPhone called Mini Drivers Guide and input your VIN and it would create a manual specific to your build spec. Don't know if it's available on Android.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
MINI don't supply a printed manual. The manual is built into the cars entertainment system, and is available via the IOS App. I assume theres an Android version too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that - explains why it wasn't there in the car - bound to be an Android version so I'll track it down,
thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
MINI DRIVER'S GUIDE + VIN is OK for Android Phone !

·
Registered
890 Posts
My 2016 (September) Cooper came with a printed manual in a nice fabric wallet.

It is a shame if they have stopped doing a proper manual that you can study “ in the comfort of your own home”, just to save a few more pennies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2016 (September) Cooper came with a printed manual in a nice fabric wallet.

It is a shame if they have stopped doing a proper manual that you can study “ in the comfort of your own home”, just to save a few more pennies.
My Mini Cooper S came with a printed manual as well (picked up this weekend). Seems to vary depending on your dealer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A related question.
I can't seem to be able to get into the menu on the left hand side of the screen with the controller. I have to do it via the touchscreen.

Any idea where I am going wrong with the use of the controller?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Mini Cooper S came with a printed manual as well (picked up this weekend). Seems to vary depending on your dealer.
Yes, mine did too - but it had nothing on Navigation, Telecommunications or Entertainment systems and where any of these were referenced it just referred to another (missing) manual. I eventually got in touch with someone at BMW who emailed me a PDF version of the manual that covers those areas specifically. Seems it's too much effort for MINI to provide a manual even if you've paid for the Media XL pack....

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Didn't get a manual or a wallet to hold it in; complained and one arrived! There is one printed out there somewhere!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it's remarkable how useless MINI are at customer service, but when you make any sort of sales enquiry, they're 'in there, like swimwear'...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here I am again 3 years later - that car came to the end of it's PCP deal and I decided to get a new one. It turns out that the nav and media aspects are slightly different, so I could do with a manual to guide me...

No owners 'Handbook for navigation entertainment communication' provided this time either.

So maybe the management at Mini really don't give a sh#t about their customers or perhaps they're just very stupid. Or both.

Once again I try searching on the internet to find a copy and come up with nothing. How hard would it be for them to add a page of downloadable manuals to their crappy website?

It beggars belief...

Yes, it's remarkable how useless MINI are at customer service, but when you make any sort of sales enquiry, they're 'in there, like swimwear'...

·
Registered
409 Posts
The "MINI Driver's Guide" iOS app has PDF versions of the"Owner's Handbook" and the "Navigation/Entertainment/Communication" manual.

Edit: Looks like there's an android version too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts