Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MINI F55 is a late January 2018 build (Pre LCI) with Nav XL (NBT Evo - 8.8in non touch screen - large touch controller - iDrive 4)

What are the chances it would have a 4GB headhunt?

I understand that the highest iLevel that does not require a touch screen is 2018-03? Is this an iDrive 5 version? Does it support Car Play?

I am really just wondering about the capabilities. There are no plans just now other than the frustration about the Connected app refusing to connect to the Head unit-especially when I want to use it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Most likely it has entrynav2 aka enavevo if it had the new LCI Interface. Pm me the last 7 of your vin and I'll provide an official report for your car and verify

·
Registered
98 Posts
Seems that you have Evo. If that's the case, you'll be able to flash your current headunit to the LCI software and enable carplay. However, you won't be able to enable full screen carplay, because with your headunit, you're limited to the level of software where you won't get black screens.

See attached as a courtesy

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems that you have Evo. If that's the case, you'll be able to flash your current headunit to the LCI software and enable carplay. However, you won't be able to enable full screen carplay, because with your headunit, you're limited to the level of software where you won't get black screens.

Thank you for the advice and printout-the car is not mine from new so I find all the information very interesting. I shall have to do further research.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi there, if one does have the Enavevo/Entrynav2 does that mean there is a way to enable full screen CarPlay? I know the newer 2020s/2021 minis come with that option from factory. My vin is 2H31930.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi there, if one does have the Enavevo/Entrynav2 does that mean there is a way to enable full screen CarPlay? I know the newer 2020s/2021 minis come with that option from factory. My vin is 2H31930.
I believe that the only way is to flash your headunit to the latest software (post 7/20/20), obtain a repair fsc pack for your vin from bmw and reinsert into the headunit.

This is just my theory but I haven't had anyone come forward to want to try it that has entrynav2/enavevo.

I'm happy to try for someone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe that the only way is to flash your headunit to the latest software (post 7/20/20), obtain a repair fsc pack for your vin from bmw and reinsert into the headunit.

This is just my theory but I haven't had anyone come forward to want to try it that has entrynav2/enavevo.

I'm happy to try for someone.
Is there a risk associated with trying it out? Aka why folks haven’t done it yet. Would the FSC pack just be one of the ones that are listed on places like ebay or would I have to go through an official bmw source like a dealer?

·
Registered
2018 Mini Cooper S
14 Posts
I’ve got media XL in my 2018 cooper S (pre lci) and id like to upgrade to the latest UI on the screen. I’m not fussed about CarPlay as I’m not a fan really, and would prefer to keep using the spotify app that’s on the screen.
My vin is 2h47966, what version hu do I have, and is it flashable?

Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
6 Posts

But the limit it’s from the headunit or from the screen ? I think the black screen it’s only if not have the touchscreen right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@dekota28

I have an F55 2019 S, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether or not I can use Andream with my car. It was manufactured mid 2018 I believe, but I'm not sure. Would you happen to know which HU came with that production date range? 2H86933 is the last 7 of the VIN. I tried some VIN decoders out there, but they weren't terribly helpful. I know ID6 HUs won't work, and there's a high chance mine is ID6, I just don't know how to tell.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts