Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya,

I've got a 2017 F56, and I'm trying to determine whether I've got EVO ID4 or EVO ID5/6 in my MINI. Last 7 of the VIN is 2C61682. Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I really need some help with getting apple carplay to my 2020 f54 clubman S all 4. The last 7 digits of my VIN is 2M09460, it's a 6.5 inch touch screen. I already did some research and it seems that some say my headunit won't run carplay even with a usb coding file. If that is the case, does retrofitting a newer headunit potentially solve my problem? What kind of coding do I need if I am doing a retrofitting? Willing to pay for the tech supports, I am located in the US. Thanks!

·
Registered
Clubman F54 JCW LCI 306HP & Clubman F54 SD 190HP
556 Posts
Hi there,

I really need some help with getting apple carplay to my 2020 f54 clubman S all 4. The last 7 digits of my VIN is 2M09460, it's a 6.5 inch touch screen. I already did some research and it seems that some say my headunit won't run carplay even with a usb coding file. If that is the case, does retrofitting a newer headunit potentially solve my problem? What kind of coding do I need if I am doing a retrofitting? Willing to pay for the tech supports, I am located in the US. Thanks!
Your car is equiped with an Entrynav2. You could potentially activate carplay but it needs to be done officially. So we need to buy an fsc for carplay from
Bmw and load it. The most important question is, does your unit have wifi. If it does then it is possible to activate. You need to plug in an antenna and we can load the fsc. If your unit does not have a wifi port we need to swap the unit for brand new entrynav2 with wifi.

forget about usb, thats only possible on cars with id5 nbt evo.

if you swap your screen you could also upgrade your firmware to id6 2022 layout which includes fullscreen carplay

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi there,

Your unit has WIFI. It is 100% possible to do CarPlay.
PM sent

21 - 31 of 31 Posts