Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a NBT evo retrofit into my wife's F54 before Xmas, and my daughter bought a F56 (2014), so she wanted the same.

I had to replace the dashboard as she had the original radio and the mountings are different.

I ended up using a BMW 4.1 unit (with CD drive, but thats un-accessible and coded out of the menus). I've got the correct electronic manual, and proper widescreen CarPlay.

For those trying this, I had to create an ESYS TAL file specially to install the absolutely latest NBTevo software for the widescreen CarPlay.

Photos attached

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too, few month ago I also sped some time to research fullscreen CarPlay on my MIMI F56 (2015/07).
I flash my HU with Esys psdzdata 4.24.31 which gives you 20-07 version.
And in order to solve external power problem I purchase the bench platform, and flash the HU more safely.

I replaced the original CIC to NBTevo and 6.5' display to 8.8' with touch in 2017, the HW is 3.1 come with ID5.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper D F55, 65 plate, deep blue with white roof
18 Posts
I would love to do this, but don't know where to start (and suspect my Evo head unit is too old anyway).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think someting you can check first:
1. Headunit: NBTevo with HW3.1 ↑
2. Software Version or i-level at least 20-07

Not sure what this all means, but I'm guessing it's a no?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have e-sys?
Usually we use e-sys to check the iLevel version.
I have not. By the sounds of it, changing up is a bit beyond what I'm comfortable with doing anyway, but thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too, few month ago I also sped some time to research fullscreen CarPlay on my MIMI F56 (2015/07).
I flash my HU with Esys psdzdata 4.24.31 which gives you 20-07 version.
And in order to solve external power problem I purchase the bench platform, and flash the HU more safely.

I replaced the original CIC to NBTevo and 6.5' display to 8.8' with touch in 2017, the HW is 3.1 come with ID5.
View attachment 70576

View attachment 70577

View attachment 70578
This is really awesome, thanks for sharing. Is the external power source something absolutely required to overcome?

Would you say the process is worth doing over purchasing a retrofit kit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I also refitted a BMW NBTevo 4.1 into my Mini and flashed a I-Step 20-07.
CarPlay works but only in split screen mode.
I found several CarPlay coding parameters in the CAFD of the head unit but none of them workes to change carplay to full screen.
Du you have any hints to solve my problem?

Thank you
Thomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts