Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NE guys/gals......I'm organising a summer run on the 12th July. This date was picked to try and avoid any other major MINI meets, locally or nationally.

The actual route has yet to decided yet but first thoughts are rendezvousing in Inverurie (Fennel) for breakfast at 10am and then head for the hills ..... Alford>Strachan>Kildrummy>Ballater>Banchory>Stonehaven (for an icecream)

It would be great to put names to faces!

I'll post more details in time or head to www.newminiscotland.com

:)

·
Registered
998 Posts
went on a couple of NMS runs back a few years & they were always great fun. Amazing roads and scenery and great hospitality. bit far for just a day for me but highly recommended

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went on a couple of NMS runs back a few years & they were always great fun. Amazing roads and scenery and great hospitality. bit far for just a day for me but highly recommended
My first go at organising one, so we'll see! I just hope more than me turns up :)
Technically it is an NMS run but I know there are a few Aberdeen/shire people on here too, who are more than welcome!

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Great great idea Donna,just s t wish I were closer and I'd come but a bit of a trek from lincoln.

Reactions: donnaj1dlh

·
Registered
998 Posts
we used to have runs that were attended by hundreds - several a year all over the country & people would travel, staying over for the weekend just to attend. i organised a few myself around the yorkshire dales & attended them from Kerry in the south of ireland to Elgin at the top of scotland.

we organised one famous one to the car show at the NEC one year. we persuaded BMW to let us use their Hamms Hall plant car park as a setting off point & the car show organisers allocated us free parking in a dedicated Mini compound right next to the entrance which drew a huge audience as people entered & left the show. The ireland runs used to have police motorcycle outriders marshalling the convoy out of Cork city centre, blocking off roundabouts and junctions to allow us to fly through in procession. Happy days :D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can be quite a sight to behold. Hopefully we'll get a decent turn out - even half a dozen cars would be nice. This was a brilliant day (I have better photos on my PC at home though)..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts