Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Name is James and I'm a new member from Glasgow Scotland, although not yet a mini owner!
I currently have a 5 yr old Astra but have promised myself a new car this year (around June hopefully). I never really thought about a mini until I seen the advert for the new 5 door cooper so I took a test drive a couple of weeks ago and am now hooked.

Since then I've been on the mini website all the time specking my new (imaginary) car - lol

I've been checking out this forum for a wee while and it seems to be one of the best for info.
Hope to be a full member soon :)
radriderx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum James.

Go on and treat yourself to a F55 you will love it. Do you need 5 doors though? The F56 is a little cheaper and (in my eyes) a bit cuter :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Been where you are James,messing and playing and its fun,all good fun. My 5 door should be with me in in a few weeks. Its count down time and this is the hardest part.

Welcome aboard ;-)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like the 5 door - but its a shame they weren't able to give it frameless windows like the 3 door!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have to say that I love everything about my 5-door - including the profile. My first test drive was in the 3-door MCS and it was so much more fun to drive than the other cars I'd been looking at (Merc A250, Audi A3). I almost signed up for the 3-door on the day, but that would have been with a few reservations about practicality. When the dealer told me about the imminent debut of the F55, I decided to hold on and go for the bigger car. I have to admit that the first time I actually saw the F55 it was parked alongside a 3-door, and at first glance the new car seemed awkwardly long. But it's just a case of what you're used to. After 3 months of driving (and gazing at!) my own F55, I'm completely sold on the 5-door profile. It really is a handsome-looking car, and there's no need to compare it with the 3-door for looks, I think. Performance-wise the difference between the two cars is negligible, so to my mind the choice between F55/F56 should just be about practical requirements and budget. You'll have no regrets getting a 5-door, Radriderx!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like the 5 door - but its a shame they weren't able to give it frame less windows like the 3 door!
I agree,but thats life eh,Love the frame less on my clubby and will miss that,but onwards and upwards. The frame less for me has been replaced with an s at the front and an sd at the rear,so all is well ;-)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have to say that I love everything about my 5-door - including the profile. My first test drive was in the 3-door MCS and it was so much more fun to drive than the other cars I'd been looking at (Merc A250, Audi A3). I almost signed up for the 3-door on the day, but that would have been with a few reservations about practicality. When the dealer told me about the imminent debut of the F55, I decided to hold on and go for the bigger car. I have to admit that the first time I actually saw the F55 it was parked alongside a 3-door, and at first glance the new car seemed awkwardly long. But it's just a case of what you're used to. After 3 months of driving (and gazing at!) my own F55, I'm completely sold on the 5-door profile. It really is a handsome-looking car, and there's no need to compare it with the 3-door for looks, I think. Performance-wise the difference between the two cars is negligible, so to my mind the choice between F55/F56 should just be about practical requirements and budget. You'll have no regrets getting a 5-door, Radriderx!
And the practical side swung it for me my friend. Thats why i purchased the clubman over the hatch nearly five years ago. Soon as i seen the 5 door and realized the boot was slightly bigger it was a no brainer for me. I kinda feel annoyed when i hear people say it looks ugly or its not as cute as the 3 door. SO what you own a 3 door,move on and let us 5 door owners/nearly owners enjoy what we chose. I do love the style and the practicality over the three and that why i am buying.

·
Registered
190 Posts
And the practical side swung it for me my friend. Thats why i purchased the clubman over the hatch nearly five years ago. Soon as i seen the 5 door and realized the boot was slightly bigger it was a no brainer for me. I kinda feel annoyed when i hear people say it looks ugly or its not as cute as the 3 door. SO what you own a 3 door,move on and let us 5 door owners/nearly owners enjoy what we chose. I do love the style and the practicality over the three and that why i am buying.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your own 5-door, Tandberg. Not much longer for you to wait!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ditto to Shigaman and Sandberg's comments. We've often got two minis parked here - one F55 and one F56 (not to mention an R56!).

I was ever so slightly dubious that the 5 door would look as good. That was until I went to the showroom to pick it up. They had it inside the showroom ready for me to drive it out which was a fantastic touch. Anyway, fell in love with it immediately.

I went for the 5 door with practicality in mind. This was after having to constantly fold the front seats to get the kids in and often had to fold the rear seats to get shopping and stuff in the back. I don't have this issue anymore. More to the point, my dear old mum now has the 3 door (which I still love) and being on her own she has the rear seats almost permanently folded down to allow a dog bed (and dog) as well as her shopping. It works for her, and now that she's effectively lined the whole boot looks like it was meant to be that way - a two seater with a huge boot!

Back to my MCSD five door - I love the fact that it's bigger but handles the same way. I'm still in the mode of looking out of the house window just to see it.

You're gonna love it!

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
You won't regret it and the frameless Windows don't float everyone's boat. Somehow framed Windows feel stronger and safer to me but I do have the 3 door. Not important in my world!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ditto to Shigaman and Sandberg's comments. We've often got two minis parked here - one F55 and one F56 (not to mention an R56!).

I was ever so slightly dubious that the 5 door would look as good. That was until I went to the showroom to pick it up. They had it inside the showroom ready for me to drive it out which was a fantastic touch. Anyway, fell in love with it immediately.

I went for the 5 door with practicality in mind. This was after having to constantly fold the front seats to get the kids in and often had to fold the rear seats to get shopping and stuff in the back. I don't have this issue anymore. More to the point, my dear old mum now has the 3 door (which I still love) and being on her own she has the rear seats almost permanently folded down to allow a dog bed (and dog) as well as her shopping. It works for her, and now that she's effectively lined the whole boot looks like it was meant to be that way - a two seater with a huge boot!

Back to my MCSD five door - I love the fact that it's bigger but handles the same way. I'm still in the mode of looking out of the house window just to see it.

You're gonna love it!
Cant wait to look out on my drive to see mine. Ps its Tandberg not Sandberg ;-)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your own 5-door, Tandberg. Not much longer for you to wait!
week after next buddy, only three more pay days to go and one of them is tomorrow. Just waiting on my dealer to send me a vid of it as he said it should arrive before the end of Jan. I live in hope as i have had to contact him all the way through this experience. Down right disappointed at the lack of updates or news about my build.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ps the day i get it, is the day the tripod and camera go in the boot and i go for a drive and a photoshoot ;-) back here process and load ;-) Hows about that then,,,,

·
Registered
258 Posts
...oopse Tandberg, typing too quick!

Week after next eh? Not long now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts