Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my metallic green cooper's fuel filler cap stolen. I have no idea how they prised off the cap as the flap was locked. Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement before I go to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What country are you in?

Different countries have different fuel cap part numbers

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm in the UK. I am wondering if there are any alternative options to getting an oem replacement cap
Non-OEM options? Probably not, but you might be able to find the part for cheaper outside your dealer. Here's the part number below:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Oh, you mean the actual door that opens TO the gas cap! I thought you meant the twist on/off gas cap, not the door. Sorry!

I assume you have a Cooper since your fuel door was painted?

This is the part number for the fuel door for a Cooper - I assume it comes primered and unpainted: 51177404550

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You could stick a Chrome Cap on it from the S. Why do them UK Punks steal Filler Doors? At least when we were young and in our Punk Years we stole Hood Ornaments off the Merc and Jag. :D:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets hope this isn't a new trend.
I still don't understand how the capping was taken off without opening the flap. There is the possibility that it fell off. Does anyone know how the capping is attached to the flap. If its stuck to the flap rather than clipped together like earlier models, then I suppose it may have fallen off. I have seen some fuel caps advertised which use double-sided adhesive tape to stick to the original fuel cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.