Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2015 mini cooper s several weeks ago (driven very few miles due to crappy New York weather). Nonetheless, I have decided that I do want to purchase the extended maintenance plan (not the extended warranty). I am not looking for advice on whether or not it is a wise expenditure or whether the extended warranty is a more prudent purchase, etc. ... with all due respect. I've made my decision on the threshold question to my own satisfaction. Rather, I am looking for advice on negotiating the best price. The current rack rate (price) is somewhere around $1,700+. The best the snotty finance manager would do at my local Long Island dealership is to knock off $100. I have read on one of the sites (possibly this one) that some people had negotiated the price down to the $1,200+ range. Any ideas on how to negotiate a deal with anything close to this type of discount? If I purchase the maintenance from an out of the area dealer, I imagine that my local dealer would have to honor it? Should I reach out by phone for finance managers, send emails? Any guidance would be appreciated. Any referrals to specific mini dealership / personnel who offer good discounts would also be gratefully received.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I purchased both the extended warranty and the extended maintenance plan. I believe I got a total of $1200 off both. I will check my contract and get back to you. I bought it from the dealer at the time I bought the car last November. I thought the discount they gave me was fair.

Also, remember them saying something about no copay if I went to their dealership.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Price is definitely negotiable and any extended plans you get from an authorized MINI dealer will be honored at any other authorized MINI dealer.

There are usually a few options for coverage on the extended plans (maintenance and warranty) that offer coverage for different rates of time and mileage.

Keep an eye out for co-pays - Some options require a co-pay if any service is performed within the extended period (usually $50 - not bad), so ask the question before you sign the paperwork.

·
Registered
890 Posts
A three year TLC, or in other words, service plan was included for free in my purchase in May 2014, of my Cooper, which I think was a standard offer at the time, may still be. I think it's value was something like £250.

Now I realise according to the service indicator on the vehicle status screen, the car won't need an official oil change until mid 2016 and then another check up in 2017, so it is hardly going to be troubling the service department in those three years.

The days of 6000miles, or 10,000miles or 1 year between services seem to be long gone, so it is hard to predict how many services you may need in a given time frame, depending on your mileage and what the car thinks of your driving!

So unless you do a very high mileage, I would not want to pay a lot for an extended service plan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Isleofbones, I am originally from Long Island and now live in central Pennsylvania. I own a 15 MCS and did purchase the extended maintenance plan for about $1800 that provides all maintenance up to 6 yrs 100k miles. I personally think if you could get this for $1700 or less to go for it. I believe it doesn't matter which dealership you purchase it from the plan is downloaded into your Key Fob and honored at any Mini dealership. So get it for as cheap as you can but I think you'll find you approaching the low end of the price allowance for this plan. :laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.