Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This will cover my initial new car detail and ceramic coating (Gyeon Q2 Synchro) and any mods.

Done:

• rubber mats and boot liner
  • colourlock leather seal (steering wheel, seats).

Upcoming:

- new car clean, decon and single stage correction using Flex DA and Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish, followed by Gyeon Q2 Prime finishing polish.

- Application of 2 x coats of Gyeon MOHS, and 1 x coat Gyeon Skin.

• Rear tints
  • Backbox Mod (PCWMods - late November)

Pics to follow and more detailed steps and processes.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So Finished decon, wash, correction and ceramic coating over the weekend.

Followed these steps:

Alloy / tyre clean and decon
Prewash - ValetPro Citrus (strong mix).
Rinse
Snowfoam - strong BH Autofoam mix
Rinse
Iron remover
Rinse
Wash - strong mix (Gyeon Q2 Restart)
Rinse
Tar remover
Rinse
Wash / Dry
Clay Mitt and Lube
Final rinse with 0ppm water
Leave overnight in Garage.
Tape up wipers, trim etc
Single Stage Correction with Flex DA, and green and Orange Hex Logic Pads (Medium/Heavy Cut) and Sonax PerfectFinish Single Stage correction polish.
Wipe down between passes and inspect.
Panel Wipe (Gyeon Q2 Prep).
Gyeon Q2 Prime finishing polish pass with Black Hex Logic Finishing Pads
Panel Wipe (Gyeon Q2 Prep).
1st coat of Q2 MOHS to whole car.
Leave 1 hour between coats
2nd coat of Q2 MOHS.
Leave Overnight
Single coat of topper (Skin).
Clean Interior.
Apply Gyeon Q2 Rim to wheels.
Apply Gyeon Q2 Trim (external)
Apply glass sealant.
Apply tyre seal.
Polish Exhaust tips with metal polish.
Coat with Q2 Rim.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job, it looks amazing! I wish I had a garage like that, I can't even fit my car in our garage.
So do I! My neighbours. He kindly lets me use it for this type of thing for a bottle or three (well he doesn’t expect anything, but I do anyway)

·
Registered
78 Posts
So do I! My neighbours. He kindly lets me use it for this type of thing for a bottle or three (well he doesn’t expect anything, but I do anyway)
Thanks for putting the pictures on, where going to go for ceramic polish on the new one, you have talked us in to sticking with good old fashioned autoglym , have the ceramic in the garage, not going to use it now

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
653 Posts
Looks great, the hard work has paid off. Ceramic coating is brilliant, it makes cleaning so much easier to do and it doesn't get as dirty either.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
653 Posts
Thanks for putting the pictures on, where going to go for ceramic polish on the new one, you have talked us in to sticking with good old fashioned autoglym , have the ceramic in the garage, not going to use it now
If you've gone to the expense of buying the ceramic stuff already why wouldn't you use it?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great, the hard work has paid off. Ceramic coating is brilliant, it makes cleaning so much easier to do and it doesn't get as dirty either.
Thanks mate. Yes, once you have had it (as I am sure you know) makes cleaning so easy, and gives much better protection against bird **** etc

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fair enough. Why is that for interest sake? Ceramic or polish is not the key, it is the correction. With a DA polisher, but the awful dull weather and lack of detailing studio lights is not showing off the shine as it really is. Will post pics when the sun comes out.

I spent years using Autoglym, carbuba waxes, hand polishing etc, and having done this now on the last 3-4 cars, wouldn’t go back. But all a personal thing

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
653 Posts
Thanks mate. Yes, once you have had it (as I am sure you know) makes cleaning so easy, and gives much better protection against bird **** etc
My classic was polished and coated with Ceramic Pro and it's fantastic. We went away to the Elan Valley run in July and typically in Wales, it rained a bit. We'd done about 250 miles since leaving home and there were a few of us lined up and everyone's car was looking pretty dirty, except mine. Someone asked me where I'd managed to get mine washed it looked that good.

It's been a pain washing the daily which has just got wax on it compared to the mini.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because the water is running off our car better after a month since last polish ,
The beading shots above, drove off, got to destination and car was dry and shiny. The coating I used will last at least 2 years.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My classic was polished and coated with Ceramic Pro and it's fantastic. We went away to the Elan Valley run in July and typically in Wales, it rained a bit. We'd done about 250 miles since leaving home and there were a few of us lined up and everyone's car was looking pretty dirty, except mine. Someone asked me where I'd managed to get mine washed it looked that good.

It's been a pain washing the daily which has just got wax on it compared to the mini.
Yes, was always a fan of polishing etc, but you get no longevity, especially through the winter.

·
Registered
2021 MINI Countryman Cooper SE All 4
15 Posts
Tremendous effort, JCWNev, and the looks are overwhelming.
Intend to (hand) polish and ceramic seal my F60 SE in the next weeks. Before polishing I want to clay the paint, because I think there must be no polishing without claying beforehand.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tremendous effort, JCWNev, and the looks are overwhelming.
Intend to (hand) polish and ceramic seal my F60 SE in the next weeks. Before polishing I want to clay the paint, because I think there must be no polishing without claying beforehand.
Thanks mate. Yes agree, and before clay…iron remover and tar remover

1 - 20 of 59 Posts