Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you guys had these rims fitted on your car and what was your feedback on them (noise, look, etc...)

I am planning to swap 17'' Tentacle Spoke in Silver for these ones but wondering if it's worth it or not.

Cheers

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not keen myself. I could have had them on my new S but went for more orthodox wheels (Tentacle Spoke in Silver as it happens) for the following reasons in no particular order:

18” – I feel 17” is better suited to a Mini.

Diamond cut finish with lacquer which is vulnerable and if scratched even slightly will start to exfoliate under the lacquer. I have had this happen and it's expensive to sort out.

Odd number of spokes – there are seven and it’s a five stud wheel which sort of triggers my inner OCD.

There are some, well one, good point – it looks like it’s going round when it’s standing still which is fun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback ! Indeed except the look I heard quite negative comments about them as well. Plus they’re not cheap !
Don’t know if it’s easy or not selling silver Tentacle spokes..

Not keen myself. I could have had them on my new S but went for more orthodox wheels (Tentacle Spoke in Silver as it happens) for the following reasons in no particular order:

18” – I feel 17” is better suited to a Mini.

Diamond cut finish with lacquer which is vulnerable and if scratched even slightly will start to exfoliate under the lacquer. I have had this happen and it's expensive to sort out.

Odd number of spokes – there are seven and it’s a five stud wheel which sort of triggers my inner OCD.

There are some, well one, good point – it looks like it’s going round when it’s standing still which is fun.

·
Registered
Cooper S 2021
9 Posts
Hi Steven,

I have these rims and I love them! I don't have any problem with them so far (noise, look, etc...) In my opinion, they give a more dynamic and fresh look to the car.

Take a look, if you want to get an idea of what they look like. Good luck !!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Steven,

I have these rims and I love them! I don't have any problem with them so far (noise, look, etc...) In my opinion, they give a more dynamic and fresh look to the car.

Take a look, if you want to get an idea of what they look like. Good luck !!

View attachment 80055
Hi jerostegi ! Thanks for your answer.
Your Cooper S is awesome ! They look great indeed. Well, tomorrow I'm going to know if I can finally get the Cooper S of my dreams. And I've made up my mind. I will swap the Tentacle spokes for these ones. But I need to be able to get the car first haha :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts