Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday just gone was new car day!

Must give massive thanks to Sam Rutter at Sytner Mini High Wycombe - excellent service from start to finish.

JCW Auto in Thunder Grey.
I’ve just given it its first tank of VPower, swapping out the brake lines for braided versions on Wednesday with some RBF660 fluid, then running it in on a trip to the ‘Ring on Friday.

First thoughts - very well put together car. Material trim is excellent. Seats (Dinamica) are fantastic, though shame they don’t tilt. No complaints on the iDrive. HK sound is decent - a bit “narrow” sounding but fairly balanced top to bottom. Will still do an audio upgrade though.

Just discovered Apple lossless files can’t be played via a USB stick. Hoping FLAC files can - trying that in the morning.

Digital dash is clear but strangely limited in configuration. And strangely offset to the left slightly. The HUD is exceptional - so much information on there. Although it’s a bit surprising that navigation doesn’t show up with the sport display on the nav, and current gear doesn’t show on the hud in mid or green mode. I wonder if that is programmable via BimmerCode?

Adaptive Headlights are exceptional. Gearbox is smooth though response in normal drive mode could be better. Sport is far more keen and steering is decently weighted. Ride damping is good, though can’t get away from the fact it is exceptionally short in the wheelbase. My old Z4M has slightly better longwave damping even with the brittleness of its primary ride. And the steering is super quick and gives the Mini that go-kart feeling. However I do think it’s a little bit artificial and not quite near the linearity and feel of a good hydraulic setup. It’s fun, but not so natural.

Engine is a peach - sounds good, goes well. Brakes are super sharp and strong, though harder to modulate as a result.

In short, very happy. And it looks great!

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also realised that the car came with Pirelli PZero tyres - which are pretty good. Will hold off on the planned PS4S swap until I’ve removed the writing from the sidewalls of the Pirellis

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Fantastic looking car,enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also realised that the car came with Pirelli PZero tyres - which are pretty good. Will hold off on the planned PS4S swap until I’ve removed the writing from the sidewalls of the Pirellis
sounds like you’re using the car as intended.

RBF660 was a must have mod i learned about the hard way. 🙄

which braided brake lines did you go with?

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like you’re using the car as intended.

RBF660 was a must have mod i learned about the hard way. 🙄

which braided brake lines did you go with?
i hope the hard way wasn’t too hard and immovable 😳

Goodridge brake lines. I’ve always used them

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congratulations on getting your new MINI, looks fantastic !
Can you let me know what the road noise is like as I have the same tyres on my 2020 Cooper and I find it extremely loud.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations on getting your new MINI, looks fantastic !
Can you let me know what the road noise is like as I have the same tyres on my 2020 Cooper and I find it extremely loud.
it’s pretty loud to be fair. I was wondering if it’s the tyres, or just the resonance of a small car and the hatch. No way of telling really until I do the swap

·
Registered
2014 MCS
105 Posts
Congrats on the new JCW. My fave color ;)
Did you order it with the blacked out trim? Looks great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts