Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mini owners, well my new JCW has landed in Melbourne on the 11/03 and now waiting to here from the dealer, which is also in Melbourne.

Any melbourne owners care to share how long it took to get there car from the Dock to there hot little hands ....

Any information would be great ....

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I went through a similar experience, my car landed on the dock in Brisbane and it took almost a month to compliance it and load it onto the truck to the dealer. The dealer gave me the tracking number of the mini so I could also see what is happening and when it left the wharf. The company that is used is called Prixcar and they are really bad. The tracking is just medievil and even the company couldn't confirm where the car actually was.

I wrote email after email thinking the squeaky door will either get the oil or get ripped off........ hoping for the oil. I ended up emailing the general manger of Prixcar and also the GM of TOLL who owns a larger share in this company. something worked as they finally released my car. My urgency was I needed to trade in my 'was' current car before I had to pay another $1.5K on a lease payment.
The car yard was really powerless as the majority of Australia uses this company to move cars so one little dealership had no authority on the matter. I did put the complaint through to Mini Australia that this tracking process was not up to standard and needed to be improved. hopefully they passed this comment onto Prixcar for a quality improvement process.

Sorry for waffling on - ask your dealership to give you tracking access to the transport company and take it from there but all you can really do is simply wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cessa,

thanks for the information, I have been able to find the tracking on the Prixcare website, it says it is going o be picked up today and shipped to the Laverton holding yard, it says it has a delivery of the 18th, which I hope is not Laverton as it is only a couple of suburbs over.

I hope that is to the dealer, but after what you say, I dont hold out a lot of hope

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Hi Cessa,

thanks for the information, I have been able to find the tracking on the Prixcare website, it says it is going o be picked up today and shipped to the Laverton holding yard, it says it has a delivery of the 18th, which I hope is not Laverton as it is only a couple of suburbs over.

I hope that is to the dealer, but after what you say, I dont hold out a lot of hope
Thats excellent news, if it gives you a date, means its probably already on the truck, the eta is just a worst case scenario so expect it to be delivered to the dealership that day or the next. Next step is to hassle the yard to do their pre-delivery checks ASAP.:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car is on the same delivery as yours but being in Sydney, my delivery is scheduled for mid-late April. Hopefully you get your car soon!
Hi Mjb,

what are you getting, I need details to get me through.

Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a JCW on the way. Just tracked the shipment, mine departs at Port Kembla 19-20th March. And from there I assume they put it on a truck up to Sydney.
You have a JCW too, share some more details, colour, options...

I have heard form the dealer who says the car will get to the dealership next Thursday the 24th,

I am getting spot lights fitted and tint so I will not see the car this side of easter ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
You have a JCW too, share some more details, colour, options...

I have heard form the dealer who says the car will get to the dealership next Thursday the 24th,

I am getting spot lights fitted and tint so I will not see the car this side of easter ...
Ordered midnight black w/red roof, JCW bonnet stripes, all the option packages (climate, control, comfort), red/black dynamica seats, piano black inserts, pretty much everything.

Trying to get the black headlight/tail light trims and the union jack/mini puddle lights from the dealer, but all depends on how much they will charge me. It might be cheaper for me to do that on my own.

I will get my windows tinted from Solartint and get after market paint protection (opticoat or bodyarmour 9H) .

I've also been trying to get the dealer to get the JCW Pro Exhaust, but they keep saying that they can't order it specifically for the JCW. They can order it for the Cooper S though.

If my girlfriend wasn't so picky with all the options we probably could have gotten one of the cars that were in stock or even a demo model, but yeah ended up going all out on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black and red roof, great combo.

Well you must have deeper pockets then me .... LOL

Would not be hard ...

Ordered midnight black w/red roof, JCW bonnet stripes, all the option packages (climate, control, comfort), red/black dynamica seats, piano black inserts, pretty much everything.

Trying to get the black headlight/tail light trims and the union jack/mini puddle lights from the dealer, but all depends on how much they will charge me. It might be cheaper for me to do that on my own.

I will get my windows tinted from Solartint and get after market paint protection (opticoat or bodyarmour 9H) .

I've also been trying to get the dealer to get the JCW Pro Exhaust, but they keep saying that they can't order it specifically for the JCW. They can order it for the Cooper S though.

If my girlfriend wasn't so picky with all the options we probably could have gotten one of the cars that were in stock or even a demo model, but yeah ended up going all out on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.