Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening all,

Thought I would firstly introduce myself as a new Challenge 210 owner and member of the forum.

Part exchanged my 2011 Z4 35i S yesterday after only two months of ownership. I had previously part exchanged my 2013 M155i and may admit regretted it almost straight away. Couldn't get on with the E89 Z4, just didn't live up to my expectations nor in my opinion is it as good as the old E85. So when looking to part exchange the 35i S I stumbled across Mini and the Challenge 210. After a 5 minute test drive I decided that I would buy it and here I am now, loving the car and all the character it has. Totally different to what I'm used to but thats not such a bad thing.

I will in the next couple of days upload photos of my 210 for you all to see, it just needs a good detail first :)

One question I have already is to those with the 210 or any other F56 with the additional LED Spot lights on the front. When driving last night I noticed that the Spot Lights seemed to be out of alignment. The full beams lit the road nicely but the Spot Lights were off to the near side and focused quite high, albeit both focused together. I would have assumed they should be focused together and centre to the road, giving more visibility? Instead they lit the tree tops nicely but not the road. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a garage job or is it something I can do myself? Or is this just how they are?

I also noticed this afternoon whilst trying to work out where to fix my dash cam that I think a piece of trim may be missing under my passenger footwell as I can see the entire fuse box. Could someone look under theirs and see if this is normal or where there there is a piece of trim affixed to the underneath of the glove compartment to the front?

Thanks and i look forward to speaking to you all and hopefully in time joining you on meets and events etc...

Reasy :D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
One question I have already is to those with the 210 or any other F56 with the additional LED Spot lights on the front. When driving last night I noticed that the Spot Lights seemed to be out of alignment. The full beams lit the road nicely but the Spot Lights were off to the near side and focused quite high, albeit both focused together. I would have assumed they should be focused together and centre to the road, giving more visibility? Instead they lit the tree tops nicely but not the road. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a garage job or is it something I can do myself? Or is this just how they are?"

I had basically the same issue with the ones on my F56 JCW. They have one of the new Torx type fittings that requires a special screwdriver or a socket that will fit the bolt. I used the side of my garage, aka, toy shed to align the lights. It worked well for the process as it is off white and on a dark night I was able to finally align and tighten them to my liking. When I received the car they were loose and would not hold any adjustments otherwise. They are working fine now although I don't really think I would pay to have them again. There are aftermarket ones available for 1/3 the cost. I do like the little mini covers for them though. I am envious, the Challenge 210 is not available in the states, but some modifications to the JCW have made it a very respectable performer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One question I have already is to those with the 210 or any other F56 with the additional LED Spot lights on the front. When driving last night I noticed that the Spot Lights seemed to be out of alignment. The full beams lit the road nicely but the Spot Lights were off to the near side and focused quite high, albeit both focused together. I would have assumed they should be focused together and centre to the road, giving more visibility? Instead they lit the tree tops nicely but not the road. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a garage job or is it something I can do myself? Or is this just how they are?"

I had basically the same issue with the ones on my F56 JCW. They have one of the new Torx type fittings that requires a special screwdriver or a socket that will fit the bolt. I used the side of my garage, aka, toy shed to align the lights. It worked well for the process as it is off white and on a dark night I was able to finally align and tighten them to my liking. When I received the car they were loose and would not hold any adjustments otherwise. They are working fine now although I don't really think I would pay to have them again. There are aftermarket ones available for 1/3 the cost. I do like the little mini covers for them though. I am envious, the Challenge 210 is not available in the states, but some modifications to the JCW have made it a very respectable performer.
Thank you KDDan, just went out there and you were "Spot" on :D they were loose so just turned them on against my front wall and aligned them correctly before tightening them. Should work a treat now tonight! Thanks.

I just need to work out now whether I am missing a piece of interior trim or not. Surely I shouldn't be able to see the fuse box under the footwell. Passengers could bash it with their feet etc...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome from another previous M135 owner... Enjoy the 210... much more fun (albeit not as fast) as a drivers car :D

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
No there should be a plastic cover on it. Dealer needs to get you one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to dealer and sent a photo & video. They checked the cars in the showroom and they're all the same, no plastic trim under the passenger footwell...

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
I think I misinterpreted you I was think obd cover on right side lower door front panel sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts