Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Electric Blue might be coming back with the 2015 model in the US. Does anyone know about possible new colors in 2015?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Oh I hope not, I would've had that if it had been available!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooooh or SILK green. Another good one.
And purple haze! So many great colors, aside from a few (yes, like VR) it seems MINI is getting more conservative with the color choices. Before you know it they'll only have black, white, silver, and 50 (haha) shades of grey. Not that there's anything wrong with those colors, I just personally think the brighter colors give the car more character.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
, I just personally think the brighter colors give the car more character.
Exactly....small cars like the MINI can carry off 'big' colours as their personality can take it. Hence, IMO, why the only choice for 2014 is VOLCANIC! :D

Reactions: GoKart7

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I have to say that if I was buying a MINI for myself I would struggle with the colour choice as I am not overly keen on any of them.

Mrs W only ever wanted black. (A black MINI has always been her dream car, such low aspirations I know, but then again she married me:eek::D)

·
Registered
52 Posts
More of a blue guy myself. Why can't they do a blue like this though...
My PT Cruiser is this color, called Ocean Blue, I absolutely love it. MINI would like great in a color like this.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Like this?

Not sure why the countryman has a completely different set of colours to the hatch, you would thin there would be the option to mix and match

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
You can get a proper white on the Countryman too. Would love a pure white hatch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
More of a blue guy myself. Why can't they do a blue like this though...
Yas Marina Blue...gorgeous. If BMW offered an 'M' hatch or 3-wagon in the US this year I would have been mighty tempted. That said, I'm actually more of a fan of Laguna Seca Blue (or Turquoise Blue in Porsche-speak).

In MINI's my favorite color is Kite Blue though I am happy with my Electric Blue MINI. I just prefer non-metallic paints...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was so happy the Electric Blue Metallic was back when I ordered. I probably would have gone with Volcanic orange if that wasn't available. Dark and dreary colors just don't seem right on a mini. A happy little car needs a happy color.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had I ordered my F55 instead of plucking an existing one off the local lot, Electric Blue would have been my choice. Believe me, I was torn. Get existing car with no waiting, damned near every option at a generous discount or wait months and pay more for essentially a different color. I went for the instant gratification.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts