Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at the mini garage now and thought I’d take a close look at the new speedo on the electric. It’s pretty disappointing. The display is split onto three sections, with seemingly only the middle one being a screen. Left and right semi-circles are just light up plastic bits. Also the middle screen is pretty low resolution, and the entire thing has a stupid matt effect cover on it making things look even more blurry. 🤨

·
Registered
2020 MINI Cooper SE
3 Posts
I actually like the new digital cluster - the dial on the left indicates the power delivery kinda like a tachometer, and the dial on the right indicates the battery SOC (state of charge) kinda like a fuel level. In the middle is a nice indication of speed and other relevant bits. There's also the HUD in my model. I think this new cluster will also be standard across the gas-powered line, too.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Gigamot in Germany are offering the screen for just over £500 as a retrofit, even to pre LCI cars. They’re currently pre order and will need coding before they work... just thought I’d mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts