Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just upgrade from the R56 MCS to the F55 MCS. Question for all of you owners who may have had their cars for >1 year - how do your stock tires handle in the snow? If you're able to compare it to previous models, how does it compare?
I understand the benefits of Winter tires, but that's an annoying amount of work (on before the winter, and off afterwards), and I'd really appreciate some feedback on whether or not you think I should go through all the work.

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Depends where you live tbh; uk-Peak District, Scotland -get winter tyres and you will be laughing as you pass the 4x4's stuck. If you live down in the South i probably wouldnt bother! HOWEVER winter tyres are safer ie shorter stopping distances and better grip in the wet at temps below 7 degress and of course your summer tyres last twice as long-live in the midlands and we change both our minis-well worth it i feel for peace of mind-or i did till i had a new hip-may well just manage this year-havent changed them yet and am putting it off! (we have a 4x4 with mud and snow tyres too).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I never bother as live in the South East plus have no reason to go out but as Jeremy said there plenty of benefits if you need to use the car :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts