Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello after selling the wife fiat 500 and monthly research on a new car, my wife decide she wants the f55/56, we found one 1900 miles away from us!
So we decide to have a weekend road trip!
Saturday morning at 4am we drove to the airport, the final destination was San Antonio,tx. btw we live in New York. Around noon we made it, the dealer was waiting for us at the airport and we drove to look at the car.
A f55, 6AT, with Idrive and Led light were the must have options!
and this is it!

More pics to come...

But I have a few questions,
I miss the paddle shifters, and I may have a good deal on them but what are the chances to do the retrofit? I know many BMW fseries owner have done it so why not the f55?

I've seen couple of people actually retrofitting the backup camera, that's another one that I miss...
Any DIY or infos available?

The car will be mainly my wife's but I will drive it from time to time...
So the mods planned are :
wheels, jcw spoiler or maybe the whole kit, steering wheel, coding ,maybe tune
happy to join the community

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Looks awesome! Hope you're happy with it :) I've seen a few photos of the tentacle spoke alloys in black, maybe you would consider that modification? Think they look soooooo sexy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks awesome! Hope you're happy with it :) I've seen a few photos of the tentacle spoke alloys in black, maybe you would consider that modification? Think they look soooooo sexy!
Yep I will totally consider that! actually my wife told me she want black wheels, which surprised me a lot :)
At first I was thinking to use the temtacle spoke as my winter setup and buy some 18's as summer wheels but that will be in the next few months.

However for now maybe i should just plasti dip them or wrap in black, because I'm not a fan of painting them for good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
But I have a few questions,
I miss the paddle shifters, and I may have a good deal on them but what are the chances to do the retrofit? I know many BMW fseries owner have done it so why not the f55?

I've seen couple of people actually retrofitting the backup camera, that's another one that I miss...
Any DIY or infos available?

The car will be mainly my wife's but I will drive it from time to time...
So the mods planned are :
wheels, jcw spoiler or maybe the whole kit, steering wheel, coding ,maybe tune
happy to join the community
I haven't seen anyone retrofitting the paddle shifters on the new 3rd gen MINIs yet, but it seems possible. You may have to code in the 2TB Sport Automatic feature into your vehicle order, but that's been done by at least on other.

I've seen one person successfully retrofit an OEM backup camera, but rear PDC is required and it doesn't look like you have it (can't tell for sure from the size of the picture). Without rear PDC, it may not be possible to retrofit since the rearview camera looks for the sensors. You can read a little bit about the user's retrofit here: http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...k-2014/291614-pdc-rear-and-backup-camera.html
Worst case, there are 3rd party rear view cameras you can go with as well.

Bimmertech has a few OEM retrofits, though none are made specifically for MINIs, but since they share much of the parts and programming with BMWs, most of the retrofit options should work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats looks great...must have been one heck of a deal to fly 1900 miles! I was just in San Antonio for the holidays with my SO and our daughter...had a great time staying by the Riverfront at the new Hotel Emma.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen anyone retrofitting the paddle shifters on the new 3rd gen MINIs yet, but it seems possible. You may have to code in the 2TB Sport Automatic feature into your vehicle order, but that's been done by at least on other.

I've seen one person successfully retrofit an OEM backup camera, but rear PDC is required and it doesn't look like you have it (can't tell for sure from the size of the picture). Without rear PDC, it may not be possible to retrofit since the rearview camera looks for the sensors. You can read a little bit about the user's retrofit here: http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...k-2014/291614-pdc-rear-and-backup-camera.html
Worst case, there are 3rd party rear view cameras you can go with as well.

Bimmertech has a few OEM retrofits, though none are made specifically for MINIs, but since they share much of the parts and programming with BMWs, most of the retrofit options should work.
unfortunately no pdc aswell, I think it's not that complicated, I've done it on my e90 335i previously so i have an idea how all of that works ( I know it's a totally different software).
so i will start by a pdc retrofit :)

Congrats looks great...must have been one heck of a deal to fly 1900 miles! I was just in San Antonio for the holidays with my SO and our daughter...had a great time staying by the Riverfront at the new Hotel Emma.
Actually I think it was a decent deal, we end up paying $23300 out the door, 5000miles CPO car.
I wish I had one extra day to spend there.
but the road trip was amazing :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice! The black wheels look really sharp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody for the comments, at the beginning I wasn't to exited about it but as soon as I saw it in daytime I loved it.

Nice job on the plastic dip. Good looking car. How do you like the Mini so far?
Well like I said from the beginning, the car belongs to my wife, however she let me drive it :) lol
I really like the way it drives, I'm impressed by the power, and handling however I feel like it need wider tires. how about staggered???
The car is VERY VERY comfortable! good job on that!
I love the headlights, they're really bright!

It's definitely a step up from her ex fiat 500!

I used to have a BMW e90 335i( I sold it not so long ago :( ) it's hard to compare but if the mini would be RWD, I would love it even more but it's ok...

Now when it comes to the things I dislike,
Very disappointed by the sound system (I need to upgrade it),
the fact that I can't drive it more lool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts