Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to my new F56 JCW! Hopefully should arrive in June sometime (which right now seems like forever).

But I got to test drive the new JCW at my local San Diego Dealership last Saturday. I've now test driven the both the F56 Cooper S and F56 JCW. When I drove the Cooper S, I did feel that although it is an extremely nice drive, it has lost some of its peppy-ness from the R56 generation.

The F56 JCW puts all the peppy-ness BACK! And then some! If you're on the fence between a Cooper S and a JCW...I can sincerely vouch for it!

As for my Bundle of Joy, it is loaded with the:
Premium Package
Wired Package + Wired Package upgrade (This seems to be the only current method of acquiring the Connected + Visual Boost XL and Nav XL).
18" Two Tone Spokes
Sat Grey Sport Seats

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Blue must be the New VO.;) It looks like a lot of new Buyers opt for Blue. Great looking Combo btw

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice! If I didn't need 4 doors that might have been my MINI...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Looking forward to my new F56 JCW! Hopefully should arrive in June sometime (which right now seems like forever).

But I got to test drive the new JCW at my local San Diego Dealership last Saturday. I've now test driven the both the F56 Cooper S and F56 JCW. When I drove the Cooper S, I did feel that although it is an extremely nice drive, it has lost some of its peppy-ness from the R56 generation.

The F56 JCW puts all the peppy-ness BACK! And then some! If you're on the fence between a Cooper S and a JCW...I can sincerely vouch for it!

Premium Package
Wired Package + Wired Package upgrade (This seems to be the only current method of acquiring the Connected + Visual Boost XL and Nav XL).
18" Two Tone Spokes
Sat Grey Sport Seats
Great car! But, just be glad you opted for the automatic trans, as my JCW build sits in the que until MINI decides to produce the manual transmission. June is "early" for yours! :) Btw, those are the 18" Cup Spoke Wheels to be proper.

Welcome to the "waiting owner's club"!

John

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice build! EB is becoming popular lately. Glad to be in the same company :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Premium Package
18" Two Tone Spokes
Sat Grey Sport Seats
Bang on exactly how me and the wife say it after 7 years in the R56 cooper s she was disappointed how refined and BMW like the new F56 cooper S is , not that this is bad for many, but for us it was disappointing cue two good test drives of JCW , and could have fitted a Frisbee in our mouths it just felt so right well nearly but with the manual for us anyway, glad just not me that thought exactly the same

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great car! But, just be glad you opted for the automatic trans, as my JCW build sits in the que until MINI decides to produce the manual transmission. June is "early" for yours! :) Btw, those are the 18" Cup Spoke Wheels to be proper.

Welcome to the "waiting owner's club"!

John
Yes, you are correct, and I am very thankful that I would have opted for the automatic transmission. I know I'm going to get killed for this next comment...but I have to say that the "manual mode" in these cars is very fun! I'm sure it doesn't compare to REAL manual drive...but just throwin' it out there...

Good things come to those who wait...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice configuration. You're going to love those lounge leather seats. They require some regular cleaning, but really brighten up the interior.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bang on exactly how me and the wife say it after 7 years in the R56 cooper s she was disappointed how refined and BMW like the new F56 cooper S is , not that this is bad for many, but for us it was disappointing cue two good test drives of JCW , and could have fitted a Frisbee in our mouths it just felt so right well nearly but with the manual for us anyway, glad just not me that thought exactly the same

Having had three R56 Coopers before test driving the F56 Cooper, I have to admit I was also underwhelmed.
The problem was that I was so used to the R56 model and it seemed more go kart like to drive. When I first got my F56 it took me a week to get used to it. I agree the F56 is as you say refined and more BMW like.

But it is only when you have driven it for a while that you full appreciate most cars and this is especially true of the F56. As far as I'm concerned, the refinement, ride, handling, engines and interior are a giant leap forward over the R56 that had been around for 8 years.

Would I go back to a R56 now....No way, but Id swap my F56 Cooper D for a JCW!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice, we have the sat grey lounge leather in ours and they're stunning... they do take some looking after tho!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts