Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

New guy here, last week I traded in a perfectly good Mazda3 for a 17' Cooper S! It was time for something more fun and a little less practical. This one has an interesting build with lots of JCW option boxes checked; Red & Black interior, body kit, wheels, etc. Looks like someone really wanted a real JCW car but didn't have one available to buy at the time. It also has the JCW Pro tune and exhaust with the straight through valve. Pretty fun little machine for the miles I've driven in it thus far. Ride and seats are actually an improvement over the Mazda3, I always thought Mazda tuned the suspension a bit stiff on that car.

I do have three questions for anyone who can help.

First up, I have a faint beeping noise roughly once per second coming from the brake booster / wiper cowl area. Initially I heard it from inside the car but then I had the windows open and traced it a bit further. The noise changed as I opened and closed the hood, or if I pressed at the top of the fender by the chrome window trim. I pulled the plastic panels but didn't find anything down in the fender cavity. The noise also goes away when the car is running in 'green mode'. Typically comes on at engine startup and stays continuous. Sounds like a cheap electronic item, not a beep that was recorded and coming from a speaker in the car. Can be heard with the stereo off. Any ideas? My google searches haven't turned up much.

Two, can the sun visor that mounts to the side of the car be retrofitted to the passenger side? Or can one from a right hand drive model be used? I was getting plenty of sun on our trip home the other day. Any luck with a part number I could order?

Three, is there something special about the jack points on an F56? I thought I read something on this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,688 Posts
Second question yes. Just buy the parts from your dealer. Easy DIY job. Some dealers need help here as it's deleted in the UK at least but was on the 2014 model so ask to look for the part for that year. Cost me £60 but sone years ago .
Third question yes there are plastic blocks. You can buy an adaptor on flea bay etc that sit on tour jack and fit in the plastic box. Rubber Jacking Jack Pad Lift Adaptor FOR Mini Cooper | eBay

Reactions: Nitroracer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts