Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of our new Countryman Cooper Classic today. Delivered by covered trailer. Very pleased although not had much chance of looking it over as been working and weather alternating between sunshine and showers. Need to learn how to operate the Nav and other idrive functions. Car seems very well built and drives very smoothly. Certainly seems a big improvement over our previous 17 plate 5 door Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a bit of a drive in our new Countryman today. Must say that I am very impressed by the build quality. The car is to be my wife’s daily driver but I don’t feel short changed when driving it. My last three cars have been new Porsche Macans but currently have a new 718 T Boxster as my daily. The ride quality of the Countryman is really very good which is probably helped by the tyre profile. Interior fit and finish is excellent with no squeals or rattles ( as yet !) . I really like the chunky heated sports leather steering wheel. Getting to grips with the led colour modes and the settings for Nav etc. Never had a car with comfort entry before but seems to work well. I have both of the mini apps on my phone which are a nice bonus. Although we only have the 1.5 petrol it seems to have plenty of power although sadly it’s sound has been muted by the gasoline particulate filter. Overall very pleased by the purchase.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just taken delivery of our new Countryman Cooper Classic today. Delivered by covered trailer. Very pleased although not had much chance of looking it over as been working and weather alternating between sunshine and showers. Need to learn how to operate the Nav and other idrive functions. Car seems very well built and drives very smoothly. Certainly seems a big improvement over our previous 17 plate 5 door Mini Cooper.
View attachment 73106
View attachment 73107
View attachment 73108
View attachment 73109 View attachment 73110
View attachment 73111 View attachment 73112 View attachment 73113
Very nice, and well specced
I have a white silver Countryman JCW on order, with Nav+, Pano etc l, but have gone red caps and roof

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very nice, and well specced

I have a white silver Countryman JCW on order, with Nav+, Pano etc l, but have gone red caps and roof
I've just placed an order on a Countryman Cooper S Sport and obliviously with the HK issues I've been informed that mine will arrive without this option. Looking at your pictures I've noticed yours has come without the HK upgrade and out of interest can I ask how the standard system sounds?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just placed an order on a Countryman Cooper S Sport and obliviously with the HK issues I've been informed that mine will arrive without this option. Looking at your pictures I've noticed yours has come without the HK upgrade and out of interest can I ask how the standard system sounds?
We only have the Cooper Classic which has the standard sound system. To be honest we only really use DAB radio which sounds ok but nothing special.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We only have the Cooper Classic which has the standard sound system. To be honest we only really use DAB radio which sounds ok but nothing special.
I have the HK system in my current F56 LCI 2 Coooer S Sport and think I'm really going to miss it when the Countryman arrives!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the HK system in my current F56 LCI 2 Coooer S Sport and think I'm really going to miss it when the Countryman arrives!
If you do (miss it) go for an Audison upgrade. Not cheap but supposed to be way better than HK and is OEM+

·
Registered
384 Posts
HK was removed before I even ordered so wasn’t an option. We had standard sound in Cooper S, and to be honest I thought it fine, but more of a radio person. Always options to upgrade as mentioned above

1 - 12 of 12 Posts