Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am also new on the road in UK.

On 20/Feb/2016, I went to my local dealer, paid the deposit, and signed the contract.

I am so excited to be a first time car owner. The mini JCW is gonna be my first car ever.

As I don't have too many experience, I am not sure if my order has been placed. The dealer / sales rep have not yet get back in touch with me to confirm anything.

The day I was paying the deposit, I chose the options.

I am thinking to get in touch with the dealer and chase an update for my order.

What do you think are important that I have to ask?

Many thanks to all of you and so happy that I found this forum that every of you has so much experience on MINI / cars.

·
Super Moderator
8,741 Posts
Great choice; you wont regret it but the insurance might be a bit high for a first timer! Anyway you need to know when the estimated delivery date is; then as the time for delivery appraches they should give you a build date and delivery date and then organise a pick up date with you; i had an email every couple of weeks after order to keep me up to date with my order ; mind i was doing the factory tour so was hoping to see my car made-missed it by a few days apparently, but once build is timetabled they can give you a chassis number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advise Jeremy.

I have test-driven my friend's F56 Mini Cooper 5-door.

I drove it just for a really short time. It was easy to drive, especially the HUD helped me a lot. It remembered the traffic signs for me which was the reason I went for mini. I am basically blind to UK traffic signs.

I got an insurance quote from gocompxxx.com for my ordered JCW and it was £17XX for a year.
I don't know if its expensive?? I was paying $2XX USD/month to insure a honda civic in my first driving year in US.

·
Super Moderator
8,741 Posts
I'd say you are paying what i'd expect for a fast car (given we dont know your age-as you get older premiums go down to a point!) with no no claims-it'll soon start reducing as you build up your no claims bonus! Have fun, great car!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just ask your dealer when they expect to deliver the car to you. They should have found out approximately when it would be made within a few hours of ordering the car. They have to estimate how long it will take for the car to be delivered from the factory to them, so they tend to quote times that are longer than it will actually take.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Congrats and enjoy, you couldn't start with a better brand. My first car was a Mini as well. You mentioned that you also had a Civic back in the states so I take it this is your first car in the UK?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a long story.

I didn't actually own that civic, was not the person who buy the car neither.

Now I am 26, I still need to pass the UK practical exam as I have been failing it.

Technically I have 0 experience of buying a car, no too much experience of driving.

But thankfully I have found this forum. I have been reading your posts an have learnt a lot. You guys are awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.