Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am also new on the road in UK.

On 20/Feb/2016, I went to my local dealer, paid the deposit, and signed the contract.

I am so excited to be a first time car owner. The mini JCW is gonna be my first car ever.

As I don't have too many experience, I am not sure if my order has been placed. The dealer / sales rep have not yet get back in touch with me to confirm anything.

The day I was paying the deposit, I chose the options.

I am thinking to get in touch with the dealer and chase an update for my order.

What do you think are important that I have to ask?

Many thanks to all of you and so happy that I found this forum that every of you has so much experience on MINI / cars.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advise Jeremy.

I have test-driven my friend's F56 Mini Cooper 5-door.

I drove it just for a really short time. It was easy to drive, especially the HUD helped me a lot. It remembered the traffic signs for me which was the reason I went for mini. I am basically blind to UK traffic signs.

I got an insurance quote from gocompxxx.com for my ordered JCW and it was £17XX for a year.
I don't know if its expensive?? I was paying $2XX USD/month to insure a honda civic in my first driving year in US.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a long story.

I didn't actually own that civic, was not the person who buy the car neither.

Now I am 26, I still need to pass the UK practical exam as I have been failing it.

Technically I have 0 experience of buying a car, no too much experience of driving.

But thankfully I have found this forum. I have been reading your posts an have learnt a lot. You guys are awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.