·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They impressed me so much I toyed with getting one instead of a F56....
Which bits? To be fair we run a ford fleet at work and they do seem pretty indestructable, 150k/3yrs normal with no issuess across 50+ festas, focuses and a couple of mondeos. And field engineers love to trash cars.....

I didnt like the interior and it didnt have the umph of the jcw, and felt a bit 'normal' on the twistys to me. £23k though gets you into a focus st, had a go a year or so back, and loved it, totally totally different car.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Which bits? To be fair we run a ford fleet at work and they do seem pretty indestructable, 150k/3yrs normal with no issuess across 50+ festas, focuses and a couple of mondeos. And field engineers love to trash cars.....

I didnt like the interior and it didnt have the umph of the jcw, and felt a bit 'normal' on the twistys to me. £23k though gets you into a focus st, had a go a year or so back, and loved it, totally totally different car.
Mainly the money left in my pocket ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
The difference is in the quality feel. I'm not saying that the Fiesta will fail, just they use cheaper materials that last long, but don't feel tactile and as good. Shut the doors on both cars, feel the wiper controls, the cruise control is thumb operated, but ergonomically wrong, etc. We have the Fiesta's for run abouts at work and they are just that and very fit for purpose, but have no "special feel" to them. However, with discounts they are considerable cheaper.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My GF has just got her 2nd Fiesta ST and they're an absolute hoot to drive but would I swap out of my JCW for one? **** NO!!

It hasn't got the build quality or sturdiness of my MINI, however, it hasn't got the price of my MINI either. At £17k new it's a sorted little package and at circa £10k less than a similarly equipped JCW it certainly shouldn't be mocked!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Check out drive the deal. The discounts to be had on the fiesta st are huge and make it brilliant valuefor money but I wouldn't swap my Cooper for one let alone a JCW.boring far too common etc etc etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A fiesta ST is far from boring.

It has more steering feel than a mini, it feels more engaging than a JCW, it's not any quicker actually but the overall feel is better.
When you compare my pals ST3 mountune 215 that cost him 16500 new compared to my 30k JCW, the mini just isn't worth nearly twice the price of the fiesta.

I love my mini but I think if I had my time again, I would buy ........... A JCW again or a low spec cooper S manual with visual boost and get it mapped.

The fiesta is great bang for buck car but just does not have the class and overall everyday capability of a mini, the fiestas suspension is quite bouncy, the miltek mountune pack exhaust drones on long journeys, there's more wind noise than the mini, it just always feels up for a race and never relaxed.

One of the great things about my JCW is its multi personality and the fiesta just doesn't have that or the quality.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
By boring I meant design .pace and handling aside i biught my mini for its unique looks different dash etc etc. In my opinion and it'd only mine the fiesta while one of the better looking small hatches has a very boring interior ford std design.plus of course you vanreally design your mini to suit you,most are UK made etc etc. I look back at my mini with pride every time I leave it parked.I would never feel the same pride of ownership about a fiesta. Now a mustang that's a different story. My choice of car is design led. I like pace but ultimately how fast is safe these days. I get that from my motorbike! I had a golf r32. Fast fast fast and traction ......but you just end up behind the nextqueue of cars.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the fiestas suspension is quite bouncy
Yep, when I said I found the Fiesta a bit 'normal' through the twistys, bouncy is probably a more apt description. For a sporty hot hatch I wanted something confidence inspiring, 'feels' like it wont fall off (or bounce off!) mid corner.

I'm never going to take it 10/10ths around a corner or anything like, but at 7/10ths, the JCW just felt like granite, Fiesta didnt.

·
Registered
386 Posts
No comparison ... Mini is a much more personal car. Fiesta ST is quick and fun, but doesn't have the presence or quality of the Mini.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.