Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My name's Alex and I'm new here on this forum. I shuffle between my hometown of Penang, Malaysia and the place where I study; Cambridge, UK.

Well, I have been thinking of getting a car when I go back to the UK next month, and I've listed out 6 of them, from a MINI to even a Mazda CX-5.

I do not have a lot of experience with MINIs before as I have only taken test drives of them and myself back home, I do not drive a MINI. The only time I really came into contact with a MINI for a period of time is when my brother still had his 07/57 Cooper R56.

Well, looking at all the cars I have chosen, I am quite inclined towards choosing a MINI as it has the best fuel consumption and it is produces under 100g/km of CO2. :D

Specs of the MINI I have configured to my liking;

MINI Cooper D 5 door
6 speed manual
Blazing Red Metallic
16" Black Victory Spoke alloys
Carbon Black Cloth Seats
Hazy Grey trim
Glowing Red Colour Line
Media Pack
Pepper Pack
Park Assist Pack
harman/kardon Hi-Fi
Panoramic glass sunroof
LED headlights w LED DRLs & Cornering Lights
White indicators
Auto-dimming interior & exterior mirrors with power folding exterior mirrors
Heads-Up Display
JCW Sports Leather steering wheel
MINI Driving Modes

Well, I've just configured it online and have not yet spoken to any dealer yet. So I would like to ask here as well, does anyone know on average how long is the wait for the 5-door MINI hatch from date of ordering till delivery? And also, what is a good dealer that I could go to around the East Anglia area?

Best regards,
Alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I placed an order for a 5 door on 1st of July, previous estimate was October delivery but I'm now being told November.
Cool! I've been in contact with a dealer and the salesman told me that the launch of the 5 door MINI hatch will be on 25th October. He also did tell me that if I book now, I'll be able to get the car a couple of weeks after launch date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Looking forward too seeing some picture when it arrives!!

Btw congrats!! ;)
Sure thing mate! Will post some photos of it. I do plan on plasti-dipping the chrome parts on delivery day itself, so I will take some before and after shots as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mini 5 doors Cooper D WANTED!!!

Hi, congrats for your order!!! I'd like to order 1 MINI 5door Cooper D as well but I'm waiting for its launch since I'd like to see and touch it before ordering.

Anyway which model did you choose?

As per your information, did BMW engineers solve the technical problems related to diesel motor noise and vibrations?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts