Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My name's Alex and I'm new here on this forum. I shuffle between my hometown of Penang, Malaysia and the place where I study; Cambridge, UK.

Well, I have been thinking of getting a car when I go back to the UK next month, and I've listed out 6 of them, from a MINI to even a Mazda CX-5.

I do not have a lot of experience with MINIs before as I have only taken test drives of them and myself back home, I do not drive a MINI. The only time I really came into contact with a MINI for a period of time is when my brother still had his 07/57 Cooper R56.

Well, looking at all the cars I have chosen, I am quite inclined towards choosing a MINI as it has the best fuel consumption and it is produces under 100g/km of CO2. :D

Specs of the MINI I have configured to my liking;

MINI Cooper D 5 door
6 speed manual
Blazing Red Metallic
16" Black Victory Spoke alloys
Carbon Black Cloth Seats
Hazy Grey trim
Glowing Red Colour Line
Media Pack
Pepper Pack
Park Assist Pack
harman/kardon Hi-Fi
Panoramic glass sunroof
LED headlights w LED DRLs & Cornering Lights
White indicators
Auto-dimming interior & exterior mirrors with power folding exterior mirrors
Heads-Up Display
JCW Sports Leather steering wheel
MINI Driving Modes

Well, I've just configured it online and have not yet spoken to any dealer yet. So I would like to ask here as well, does anyone know on average how long is the wait for the 5-door MINI hatch from date of ordering till delivery? And also, what is a good dealer that I could go to around the East Anglia area?

Best regards,
Alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I placed an order for a 5 door on 1st of July, previous estimate was October delivery but I'm now being told November.
Cool! I've been in contact with a dealer and the salesman told me that the launch of the 5 door MINI hatch will be on 25th October. He also did tell me that if I book now, I'll be able to get the car a couple of weeks after launch date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Looking forward too seeing some picture when it arrives!!

Btw congrats!! ;)
Sure thing mate! Will post some photos of it. I do plan on plasti-dipping the chrome parts on delivery day itself, so I will take some before and after shots as well.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts