Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi community,

I own a F55 Mini Cooper with large display and touch-controller from 2015. Could anybody please tell me what would be the minimum upgrade necessary to get Apple CarPlay? If there’s a way, I want to achieve this without a third-party box / interface.

• Is a touch-screen replacement required? Or could I just replace the head-unit?
  • Is it possible to order brand new parts, e.g. head-unit, somewhere? Or do I need to somehow find a donor?
  • Where could I find somebody reliable for the coding / flashing ? Does he need to physically be there in front of the actual head-unit?

I know there was already a ton of discussion on the subject, but I couldn’t find a definitive answer... Please do forgive.

Thanks you,

iichikocchi

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi community,

I own a F55 Mini Cooper with large display and touch-controller from 2015. Could anybody please tell me what would be the minimum upgrade necessary to get Apple CarPlay? If there’s a way, I want to achieve this without a third-party box / interface.

• Is a touch-screen replacement required? Or could I just replace the head-unit?
  • Is it possible to order brand new parts, e.g. head-unit, somewhere? Or do I need to somehow find a donor?
  • Where could I find somebody reliable for the coding / flashing ? Does he need to physically be there in front of the actual head-unit?

I know there was already a ton of discussion on the subject, but I couldn’t find a definitive answer... Please do forgive.

Thanks you,

iichikocchi
2015 when? You may have an nbt evo which you could upgrade to id5 just to use carplay… but you wont be able to use internal navigation tho.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts