Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

This is my first post, I am picking my Mini Cooper SD in few days. I have bought a 2015 unit from an official BMW dealer (Mini Next) with 8.000kms at a very good price, since the car is in mint conditions, looks brand new and has all the possible extras except solar roof and full leather. It is a Moonwalk grey MCSD with black roof and mirrors and steel colored cosmos alloys

There is only one matter of concern: despite the car is almost new, and it comes fully revised and with 2 years warranty, this car has been owned by a kind of rent-a-car company (I say "kind" as the company was not the usual rental company, but a vacation/event package vendor).

The concern is that I have read that these units come with Launch Control, and although I guess not much people know about it, there is no way to know how often this feature has been used. Mini recommends to use this very few times during the lifetime of the vehicle, some say 1-2 times, others say it is limited to 100 times... anyway.. It worries me

Am I worrying for nothing?

Xheers

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
I shouldnt worry.i cant imagine people who hire the car knowing enough to be able to use the launch control but the car has it so must be able to stand it and it stops doing it when it reaches a limit you assume must be safe! I'm sure your dealer can read the obc and tell you if you are really concerned!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have been told by SA's that launch control should not be used more than once or twice during the lifetime of the car. I plan on my 2016 MCS on lasting 10-13 years...and can't imagine the stress and wear on even one "launch control" on the brakes, engine, drive train and turbo. i plan on using Launch Control (maybe) on the day I trade it in for my next Mini.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.