Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

New mini owner here (soon to be), ordered a new JCW yesterday, collection is early Dec.

This will be my first Mini, I've just sold a 997 Porsche Carrera S and test driving the new JCW was a lot more fun than the Porsche so I'm really looking forward to taking ownership.

Looking forward to learning about the car and sharing experiences.

Here is the spec -

·
Registered
51 Posts
^ Very nice !

Not sure about the chrome effect exterior mirrors (if thats what they are)
Would look better in gloss black IMHO

Could be a Uk thing lol

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the forum! I've always been torn on color, but went for black myself although a VO JCW is crackin good looking I must say! I only wish MINI would allow the JCW bonnet stripes on VO! I love the red edging on the stripes because it compliments the red JCW highlights.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome, looks very nice. We really like the wheels on our JCW, but I kerbed the front right in Germany very easily! I like the chrome and orange. Luckily I sorted the wheel out myself. We were on the autobahn on Friday and had a Audi RS4 behind us and we were both travelling much quicker than UK 70 mph! As soon as the road cleared I put my foot right down and the Mini went off quick and the RS4 driver after a few seconds closed quickly and I pulled out of his way as he motored away. The JCW is no slouch and caught him out a bit, but his popping exhaust sounded much better as he went by!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Enjoy the JCW when it arrives... They are fun cars...

I have come from 2 previous Caymans, 981S & 987R :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi everybody

New mini owner here (soon to be), ordered a new JCW yesterday, collection is early Dec.

This will be my first Mini, I've just sold a 997 Porsche Carrera S and test driving the new JCW was a lot more fun than the Porsche so I'm really looking forward to taking ownership.

Looking forward to learning about the car and sharing experiences.

Here is the spec -

Great looking car. My wife has a new Cooper Clubman in that orange colour - it's very nice.

Funnily enough I am trading my 996 Turbo for the JCW. Want to get back to having some fun in a car and it not costing you an arm and leg ! Hoping mine turns up in late September

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Welcome and good choice, we love ours and it is plenty fast, but is a twisty road car rather than a straight line. Speed is great and twisting at speed is more fun that straight line fast! Are you planning on any modifications to your new mini making it uniquely yours as mini states in their advertising?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I went with the standard black chequered/piano dash and door trim. Chose the Mini Yours Leather lounge seats, climate pack & convenience pack. Chrome line interior & chrome mirror caps. Also chose the steptronic auto transmission.

As far as any further personalisation goes I've had a looked at chequered side scuttles and rear view mirror cover but haven't purchased them yet.

I do like the idea of a remap. I have read these engines have a lot more capability something like +70 HP with just a remap. I'd maybe look at getting half that, to ensure no danger to internal components. However I will wait until the car has a few thousand km's on the clock first before doing any more research on it.

Once tyres wear down I'll look at Michellins PSP and 215 or adding spacers.

If anyone is interested I have a copy of the full option list showing all standard equipment too (in $AUD).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yi6slf04v...cation Guide - MINI Hatch (F56)_0716.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there is already too much black on the car... the A pillars, roof, spoiler, darkened glass, bonnett stripes... I wanted something to lift the sides and the chrome mirrors worked really well IMO. Plus it adds a unique look and hints that this isn't a cooper S it's a top tier model, similar to what other brands do with their R/RS models.

In the pic it may look overpowering as the chrome isn't reflecting anything, however they look more subtle in real life -

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wouldn't worry about what some others think... It's your car and we all have different tastes otherwise we would all drive round in the same car and same colours..

I got a Cooper S so that people would know it's not a top tier model ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't worry about what some others think... It's your car and we all have different tastes otherwise we would all drive round in the same car and same colours..

I got a Cooper S so that people would know it's not a top tier model ;)

Haha touche`!

·
Registered
320 Posts
In a world of de-chroming, I really like it :) Always thought I'd like a 100% chrome finished car, or at least bare polished aluminium. Bit like those classic airstream caravan things. VO was my 2nd choice colour too, just pipped by no red roof availability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks nice congrats and welcome to the club. I personally try to get as little chrome as I can but that's just me and my black mini. Hope you enjoy your new JCW when it comes but be careful they are so rapid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In a world of de-chroming, I really like it :) Always thought I'd like a 100% chrome finished car, or at least bare polished aluminium. Bit like those classic airstream caravan things. VO was my 2nd choice colour too, just pipped by no red roof availability.
Yes! I too was very interested in seeing the VO with a red roof but the online config would not allow it... IMO red roof would look a lot nicer than white which is allowed.. strange.

I am receiving the JCW unprepped, that is with the factory paint wrap still applied. I requested this as it will almost certainly get some minor swirls at the dealerships wash bay. I'm planning on having it coated with a ceramic paint protection once received. Saves having to wax it for about 2 years!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great looking car. My wife has a new Cooper Clubman in that orange colour - it's very nice.

Funnily enough I am trading my 996 Turbo for the JCW. Want to get back to having some fun in a car and it not costing you an arm and leg ! Hoping mine turns up in late September
and I just traded in my 987. isn't it strange how porsches can be amazing pieces of muscular engineering genius...and yet be almost boring?

traded it in right after a $300 oil change, too. won't miss that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts