Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Keen to know if the new LCI revised front and rear LED lights can fit with no or little mods to the previous F56 model. Looking at some various sites, the dimensions of the lighting units look the same, but not sure if the connectors are the same etc.

Any information appreciated.

Cheers

S

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
A few posts on this already. Stratford Rybrook mini think they will and will let me know when they get the part number and how I can order it. Won't be for a good few weeks yet though.

However you would have to have LED lights in your car already

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya, Yes I have the JCW 2016 with LED rear and LED front lights so I can see no reason why the new headlights back & front will not fit. They may require some connector modifications, but that should not be an issue if done correctly.

As soon as Stratford Rybrook mini confirms the part numbers etc will you let us know please?

Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've already found a German supplier and pictures and a video of them being fitted to a existing model. I've been told they are genuine and 450 euros (but not sure of the shipping yet)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the details of this German supplier and the link to the video please? Are the rear UJ lights and the front headlights available?

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are the rear lights in the pre-LCi even LEDs? I believe they are not having changed a bulb in the brakes? They are standard bulbs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They are called pb industries I'm waiting for further information as the supplier says they are plug and play but the owner says they needed coding.
Looks like they are based in Germany
I'll let you know when I know more as I've asked a lot of questions to them.

And to answer Phil - current F56s are either LED or not, so if you don't have the front ring LED (that's the easiest way of quickly checking) then you don't have LED lights. These new UJs will only work if your mini currently has LEDs unless maybe they bring out a converter or something but i can't see this happening or if they did it would be expensive.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
My supplier says: "They are working without codeing to. But then you got an fail on your display „breaklight left/right fail“

Cost is 450 Euro plus 25 Euro postage to UK address

I'm put off by getting it coded as I don't know anyone who can do this

·
Registered
35 Posts
My supplier says: "They are working without codeing to. But then you got an fail on your display „breaklight left/right fail“

Cost is 450 Euro plus 25 Euro postage to UK address

I'm put off by getting it coded as I don't know anyone who can do this
I'm sure any reputable coder could get it done for you. Saw a teaser of the UJ rear lights on Mulgari's social media, not sure if they have a customer that has ordered their upgrades with the LCI model or if Mulgari are supplying and fitting/coding the new lights, for a premium I would have thought though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All I can say is on bimmercode
Under the non expert mode

Expert mode scares me

I can turn off the warm and cold bulb checks for each type of bulb on the car

I can also tell the car bulb type
Option 1 bulb
Option 2 LED

I chose option 2 thinking maybe by saying its LED it will stop the high beam error (I've got LED H4 bulbs in) but it didn't

I presume maybe if u did a proper upgrade it would work

((Also before anyone shoots me, I hate every single guy who throws HIDs LEDs into a reflector and blind everuone, however after much research and bulb checks I can confirm my bulbs aim just like stock))

BimmerCode using android works fine btw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wonder if that means I can fit the pre-LCI LED tail-lights to my LCI car. I'm not a fan of the UJ lights.
If you're not in a hurry, in a short time there will be people who want to exchange their LED pre-LCI tail lights with the new LCI lights in "Union Jack" format and you can change them (except for double encoding). :D

1 - 20 of 374 Posts