Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all hello to everyone. After being one of the very first customers to own a new mini back in 2001, I decided to leave the mini brand after owning 4 different minis over a period of a few years. I've been driving around in different LR products since then and for several reasons decided to come back to the mini family. So last month I placed an order for a Cooper S Sport and was informed by the dealer that the car would be a new facelift model and expect it sometime in March. Since then and the official mini launch last month I've been trying to get on the new configurator yet it's still the old one which I find very bizarre. I've contacted both my dealer and Mini asking the question and not one of them can tell me when it will be available. So basically anyone wishing to order a new mini can't get to see what packs, options are available and more importantly the cost of things. What makes it even worse is the German configurator has been updated so why can't Mini UK get their act together and update there's especially as the car is actually built here in the UK. Apart from the German version does anyone know where I might be able to find an English version?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
The internal dealer system has all of the options and packs and we ended up configuring ours via a Zoom call. Not the best way to order a car though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's great news, MINI have been promising me it will be live at the end of the week for a number of weeks, I have an order to place on a new cooper s sport and had a teams call with the salesperson last week, there is still confusion regarding the electronic parking brake and a few other things, I have been using the configurator on mini.de site to confirm details :rolleyes: at least I can view the ext/ int 360 views.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very similar to myself. I placed my order over the telephone mid January not knowing about the new LCI uplift and it wasn't until a week after I'd placed my order that the dealer notified me informing me that my car will be a LC1 2 faceliftmodel. He was telling me all about the different options and the new standard options that come with the facelift model as well. So up to now I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting to some extent. Reference the electronic handbrake, my dealer has informed me it only comes with the Active cruise control option which is a bit of a shame as its about the only option I haven't ordered and I think it really tidies up that area of the car. One other thing I've noticed on the German configurator is most of the exterior colours are a no cost option for them so that will be interesting to see if we will still be charged here in the UK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm hoping I'll get confirmation the e-brake is included because the poor design of the arm rest and handbrake is something that would really bug me on a 30k car, I've decided on enigmatic black and I've finally got used to the facelifts as my initial quote was on the earlier look, I still find it difficult to understand how a new product is released without appropriate tools in place for the customer, especially at this price level! Still, I'm looking forward to moving across the road from BMW to MINI next month :)

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
My understanding from motoringfile is that you get the e brake if you spec auto. Manual cars still get conventional hand brake. The bit that confuses me is that I have seen information that suggests the active dampers are standard on the sport trim. I would like to know if that is correct or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know exactly what you mean. I'm moving over from a RR Velar to like you a Cooper S Sport (auto), white/silver with black roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes and black exterior pack so I'm hoping it will look like the 🐕 b******s. I went for the glass roof as well just to hopefully let some more light into the cabin as I thought it may be a bit to dark without it. 2 major issues I've already discovered so far which are very disappointing on a 30K+ car is I have a Galaxy Samsung S10+ which apparently is to big for the wireless charger (why have one it doesn't fit modern up to date phones) plus there's no Android Auto which I find really bizarre

·
Registered
9 Posts
For what it's worth just now Washy, my MINI salesperson confirmed on Friday that they are standard on Sport...I'll hopefully have more info next week as I get to the order point...as I'm not ordering if they cannot confirm what I'm buying lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Washy, my order form tells me the adaptive suspension is now standard on the Coper S or it is on mine. My order form also states that the exterior black pack is now standard as is the keyless entry option, plus the interior gloss black piano pack!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great points Musher01, I chose the pano roof for just that reason...looks like MINI need to let some of the younger members of the design team loose on the tech :)

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Washy, my order form tells me the adaptive suspension is now standard on the Coper S or it is on mine. My order form also states that the exterior black pack is now standard as is the keyless entry option, plus the interior gloss black piano pack!!
I am making a big assumption that if it is standard on the sport spec it will be on our JCW. It isn’t specifically noted on our order form. From what I can tell the keyless entry is part of the comfort plus pack

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is now, it used to be the convenience pack I think it was called. It's the same as the HUD that's now swallowed up in either the comfort plus pack or the Navigation plus pack I can't remember which one now.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
HUD is part of the nav plus pack according to my order form. It is all very confusing though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure it helps with the 3 door Mini but I ordered a Countryman for my wife in mid January and was told that comfort access is now part of the comfort pack. It is shown on my order form. I also ordered the heated steering wheel at £250. I was told that for the U.K. market the free colours will be standardised over the entire range depending upon trim level eg classic - moonwalk grey, Sport- chilli red and Exclusive - enigmatic black.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Correct MarkYorks, the comfort access is now part of the comfort pack I'm told, the electronic handbrake is apparently part of the driving assistant pack! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts