Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Exactly what I was told which as I've already said it's a shame as that's probably the only option I haven't speced and I was looking forward to having the electronic handbrake as I think it really clears the car up around that area and looks a lot more up to date as well. My opinion of course!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I totally agree, this process is way too messy than it ever should be, apparently in Germany and possibly wider Europe it may be standard with auto...but I'm past guessing tbh

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not particularly impressed with the electronic handbrake to be quite honest. We have had it for a while on the Mini Electric but it doesn't work the way a BMW one works, or for that matter a Mercedes one. You have to manually apply it when you stop the car. In a Merc when you turn off the ignition, the handbrake comes on automatically and the car goes into park.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's interesting to hear thanks for the info.
Maybe it won't be something missed after all then!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The configurator is up on the UK website now which is helpful, strangely if you select auto the e brake appears in the picture, that is without driving assistance pack, if you add manual again you get the trad handbrake back...

·
Registered
5 Posts
And it does seem that the special colours - eg rebel green for JCW - are standard, and all the more ordinary colours are extra cost option. So the standard colour is different for each trim level.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the electronic handbrake is with the auto, and manual handbrake with the manual cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes I totally agree, this process is way too messy than it ever should be.
🤣 This is nothing you should see how VW UK goes into meltdown when they introduce a new model and offer options that aren’t even available to the market they are supposed to represent. I have had VW’s for the last 20 odd years and learnt to avoid buying a new model for at least 6 months after the first cars arrive until I know what you actually get.
When the Configurator stops doing the Hokey Cokey of online/offline you may be safe......Then again 🙈

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered today and the salesperson said the e brake is only delivered with the driver assistant pack but when I explained it changed on the configurator with the addition of auto they said it might be a nice surprise then! ...good grief...can MINI dealers not communicate with the manufacturer?? I also asked MINI direct who referred me to the dealer...

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
The configurator is not brilliant anyway. If you add the 18 inch wheels on the JCW hatch it adds £350 to the price not £700. Still not sure about the adaptive suspension as that is down as a no cost option🤪

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It does make you wonder doesn't it. Can you imagine if we all conducted our own jobs in the same manner, I doubt many of us will have a job left. Surely one of them must know what models, spec or what option provides the electronic handbrake!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The whole Mini website is a disaster area with conflicting prices depending which part of the website you click on. Some parts showing pre LCI2 prices, other parts new prices. Even found some references to 19% VAT!! Think I should offer my services as a proof reader. Out of interest looked at the Irish website - blimey their prices are eye watering with their additional taxes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a play around with the Configurator speccing up a F56 Cooper Sport to replace my current 2015 F56 Cooper with Chilli Pack, a few observations:
• There is no mention of Auto-Dimming rear-view mirror (previously a part of the Comfort Packs), I'm assuming this is now standard although no way to confirm as I can't find reference to standard spec? I hope so, as previously if you wanted this option the only way was by speccing a Comfort Pack.
• The new active suspension also appears to be standard on 'Sport' trim, a nice bonus as this was previously a £600 option.
• No mention of the nice new ambient light strips that run along the front doors – standard? (these were shown in the press release)
• When adding a Comfort pack the USB functionality is confusing (this was also the case pre LCI2). If I'm understanding it correctly; with the £1600 Comfort Pack Plus there is a choice of either Bluetooth with USB Audio or Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless charging (also appear to include a USB-C port too), so my question is what USB functionality do you get if you specify the £900 Comfort Pack (or even no Comfort Pack)?
• Both Nav packs appear to have increased by £200 since yesterday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The whole Mini website is a disaster area with conflicting prices depending which part of the website you click on. Some parts showing pre LCI2 prices, other parts new prices. Even found some references to 19% VAT!! Think I should offer my services as a proof reader. Out of interest looked at the Irish website - blimey their prices are eye watering with their additional taxes.
Completely agree, the whole site needs some love and attention. The main hero image of the updated models on the front page looks awful/pixelated for starters.

I looked for an updated LCI2 F56 Brochure today, managed to find the right page, filled in all my details only to be linked through to a November 2020 brochure.

I had a chat with a MINI Genius about an updated brochure – 'sorry we have no information regarding an updated eBrochure'!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Completely agree, the whole site needs some love and attention. The main hero image of the updated models on the front page looks awful/pixelated for starters.

I looked for an updated LCI2 F56 Brochure today, managed to find the right page, filled in all my details only to be linked through to a November 2020 brochure.

I had a chat with a MINI Genius about an updated brochure – 'sorry we have no information regarding an updated eBrochure'!
Update: managed to find a German brochure, not ideal but better than what's currently available on the UK site:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it just me, when I think they have cut down on the modification options and range of alloys? Bring back the conical spoke alloys!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts