Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people first post sorry its a negative one.:crying:
We left the car out of the garage over the weekend due to repainting the floor, tonight i noticed all the windows were steamed up.
Upon further inspection i found the passenger footwell sodden with water,obviously i will be onto the dealer as soon as but in the mean time has anyone else experienced this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your kid was in the car drinking beer, you came out and scared him out of the car. He dumped the beer on the carpet scrambling to get out.

·
Registered
890 Posts
A few months ago another owner reported a similar problem in a post on this forum.

The dealer found a drain pipe which was supposed to direct rain water out of the car had not been fitted correctly, and refitting it cured the problem.

Perhaps your problem could be the same?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Johnan, I've found the thread not good for a so called premium brand.
The last car I owned that leaked internally was a BL mini from the seventies!
At least I'm not alone.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I know what you mean Steve.

I had an early Mini that scooped water into itself because of the incorrect arrangement of the floor and sill panels, which wan't good for the longevity of the sills or the floor!
I had to replace the body shell ultimately as it just rusted away.

Lets hope the drain tube refixing will be what needs to happen in your case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car is currently at dealers apparently the air con was draining inside the vehicle rather than outside.
3-5 days for new parts from Germany? BMW are going to drop off a loan car.

Steve

·
Registered
177 Posts
So nothing to do with it being outside rather than in the garage, then? I thought the air con drain was low down...how on earth does it drain into the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is supposed to drain on the pavement, it's the condensate from the condensor. There must have been a way for it to drain inside the car. I think I heard this happen before somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it's the condensate from the condensor.
Illogically enough, it's condensate from the evaporator. The condensor is in front of the radiator -- it condenses (high-pressure, hot) gas refrigerant from the compressor into a liquid which is piped into the evaporator (inside the car) where it absorbs heat to turn back into a gas (cool, at low pressure) and then back to the compressor. Rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The leak is from the evaporator drain which as Lawnmower3000 says is inside the car. The service manager didn't really give me a conclusive answer suffice to say the leak is either from the evaporator drain tube or the bulkhead seal. He's emailed pics which appear to show the bulkhead seal has split, how do i upload pics?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The offending part arrives in Germany on 12th october approx delivery to dealer will be 5 days later, it then requires fitting and testing.This will be nearly a month after originally dropping the car off!
Having never before delt with BMW is this normal Service?

·
Registered
441 Posts
The offending part arrives in Germany on 12th october approx delivery to dealer will be 5 days later, it then requires fitting and testing.This will be nearly a month after originally dropping the car off!
Having never before delt with BMW is this normal Service?

Yes, my 1 series needed lots of bits over the course of the warranty period, and most had to be ordered from Germany. Slow, but they /were very helpful in organising a loan car and were always in touch though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have finally got the car back, it was ready last week but when we went to collect it we noticed one of the alloy wheels had been damaged.
So a week later the dealer informs us the car is ready for collection they have repaired the damage rather than replacing the complete wheel obviously my preference, my question is am I being unreasonable insisting they change the wheel as it was damaged while in their custody?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well... do you think if you had done the damage you would replace the wheel?
If not, then I think for me it would come down to whether I could see the repair.

Was it "big" damage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well... do you think if you had done the damage you would replace the wheel?
If not, then I think for me it would come down to whether I could see the repair.

Was it "big" damage?
Yes I would replace the wheel,no it was a small repair, can't see in fading light how good the repair is but I can certainly feel it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes I would replace the wheel,no it was a small repair, can't see in fading light how good the repair is but I can certainly feel it.
I would want a new wheel. Unless they have had the tyre off and painted the wheel in an oven it is never as good -my wheel expert always says you can never get the paint colour quite right unless you paint all four together.
This is a brand new car. I am sure the trade price to them of a wheel is very small.
I have had a number of wheels repaired and always use a bodyshop who bakes the paint. The mobile guys never paint the inside of the rime either and it always seems to show and look rough on silver wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts