Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day finally arrived yesterday and we picked up the MCS and...wow! A gorgeous car and plenty fast enough.

I'm interested in the luggage compartment tray but the pics and info on it are vague to say the least. We do a fair amount of walking and I want somewhere to put muddy boots and the air compressor/mousse etc without it sliding about.

So is this useful or a rip off? Has anyone got one? Can you configure the compartment sizes? Any pictures? Etc., etc...

Thanks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
You mean the divided box under the floor? I've considered it but it's about $200.00 USD, so I've held off. I have seen on forums where people found a storage box at auto part stores that does the exact same thing and fits perfectly.

The dealer told me it does have dividers but they are not configurable. For me it would be useful to keep things from rolling around but not at 200 bucks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah - i was thinking of measuring up and getting some plastic crates before I knew this even existed. If it's not configurable or has a net or something there doesn't seem to be much of an advantage.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
We have it and there are 3 dividers with it and that is it. We do like it though and we can recommend its functionality, however, like most mini accessories it is overpriced. It does fit snuggly and it is mini for what that is worth. Would we purchase it again? Yes, we would. I miss the netting system we had in the R56 though. If you carry a VIAR compressor system the trays holds it firmly and is a nice fit. It would work for muddy boots if that is what you are looking for although a size 12 or larger might be a very tight fit. It has been handier than we first thought it would be.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Personally i would just buy a container that fits in this space, put some rubber matting between the container and the carpet. This will dramatically reduce movement and keep everything tidy and clean at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've been tempted but i learned(after needing the wheel nut) to remove content of the boot the load liner by the time you get into the lower bit its just more fath when you just need to lift the right bit to access the wheel bits

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice set up. I also got some containers from a local shop ($18 total) and keep my muddy shoes, a tire pressure gauge, etc. They are held via velcro strips. Works great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.