Mini Cooper Forum banner

New Member from Fife, Scotland

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  johnan 
#1 ·
Hi. I have been reading this forum for a number of weeks now while I wait on my Mini Cooper S being built. I currently have a Volkswagen Golf 6 Bluemotion (which I hate with a passion). I live in Fife, Scotland and have so far had a pretty good experience with the Harry Fairbairn Mini dealership in Kirkcaldy. I am hoping my experience remains good long after I have received my new car, as this has never been my experience in the past.

I have come across some really interesting topics and found a lot of answers to my questions on this forum, but I felt it was about time I registered.

This will be my first Mini, which if you had asked me months ago I would never have seen this coming. I only went into the dealership to pass the time, and before I knew it I was being handed the keys and loved every minute of it. I went back the following day for a second look, and I was handed the keys for the weekend. By the end of the weekend I hated getting back into my Golf again.

I now impatiently await my new car.

#2 ·
Helloooooo!! (That was my poor Scottish accent - I left Glasgow 17 years ago and have lost my twang!)

Do you know when your car is due to arrive? What spec have you ordered? :)

Reactions: Black&White_D
#4 ·
Hi Metalpetal. I have not been given a definitive date. Originally it was the end of July, then it moved to the first week in August, and the latest communication was the middle of August. I am informed the date can still change, but they will push for it to be done sooner if they can.

There is nothing about my spec you haven't already heard before.

Mini Cooper S
Blazing Red
Black roof and mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Black 17" cosmos alloys
Chilli pack
LED headlights and fog lights
Darkened rear windows
JCW spoiler
Visual Boost

I could have kept ticking boxes, but had to draw the line somewhere. I have never ordered a car with so many customisable features.

#8 ·
Nah, blazing red is fine, lets make it a Fife thing!

I bought my MCP at Harry's in Kirkcaldy too and it arrived a couple of weeks earlier than expected, so you may be lucky.

I kept pestering for updates but it didn't make any difference to when it arrived of course.

#16 ·
Johnan I have seen quite a few. There is an all black Cooper with chrome mirrors going about, owned by a woman. I saw her around the Seafield area near Morrisons. There is also a white Cooper S parked in a driveway at Seafield at a bungalow. I also so an orange Cooper pulled by the police at the side of the road near ASDA. This one may have been a demonstrator though, and another white Cooper S at the retail park in Kirkcaldy.

#22 ·
Ah, they seem to be around the Kirkcaldy area then but not further West as yet, where I tend to prowl.
Colour wise, since a teenager I have always had red cars despite changing trends in fashion, I also thought I would spend a bit extra on metallic so Blazing Red it is, and very pleased I am with it.
I hope you will be as pleased when yours arrives, very soon I hope!
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.