Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning all,

As I have been reading on here a while I should really register and explain why. Last week I ordered, for my wife, a new JCW convertible for delivery in about 3 months time. We also have a 2015 BMW X6 M50d, but it's too big for her to drive and she likes convertibles. We had a few M-Bs the last being an E Class V6 diesel. The factory is just 10k up the road from where we live. I had a Mini in 1977 - it was rubbish and unreliable and then in 1980 I got another new one and that was rubbish as well so it was over to VW, then M-B and BMW etc. We have not even test driven the Mini don't laugh (we did the same with the M50d as I ordered it before release) - however, it looks great though and as it is the JCW it should be fast enough for German autobahns, but slower than the X6...!!!!

The spec:

Pepper White, cup spoke wheels, automatic, Chilli and Tech pack, chester malt brown leather, chrome interior trim, heated windscreen, folding & dimming mirrors, parking stuff, media pack, comfort access, Union Flag roof motif, bonnet stripes and door mirrors black, TLC, wind deflector, first aid kit and triangle, heated seats, adaptive LED lights, EDC, comfort access, + all the standard stuff. We didn't leave off much. Will get the Mini 17" winter wheels and tyres later in the year, but probably get them painted, powder coated gloss black rather than silver.

Looking forward to driving it, especially in Germany.

Thanks for all the posts with the great info and banter.

PS: I'll post an image when I get the rights and one of my Mini in 1977!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not a convertible fan, but I must say the new JCW convertible looks really cool! Anxious to hear your assessment & see some pics!

Reactions: Wing Co

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hopefully this mini will not disappoint you. It is the best performing mini to-date and a lot of fun to drive and push your limits. It is incredibly quick and the fastest stock mini produced. I don't know about the Autobahn, the mini's forte is twisties and the F series truly excels at it. Please post some images when they are available.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1977, 850cc black/silver alloy wheels, red vinyl seats and after market fake wood dashboard, heated rear screen and steering wheel. Rotten sub-frames, constant velocity joints always knocking, drum brakes that pulled allover the place and ineffective heating and rust everywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Decisions

I am in the UK and just about ready to finalise my F57 Cooper S.

But yesterday I went to a Mini Day at Brooklands and saw loads of JCW. I drove my 10 year old Mini up the hill, but now I want an F57 JCW, but adding the packs just takes it so high in price (as I need auto for work run).

Cooper S or find another £5K???

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

But yesterday I went to a Mini Day at Brooklands and saw loads of JCW. I drove my 10 year old Mini up the hill, but now I want an F57 JCW, but adding the packs just takes it so high in price (as I need auto for work run).

Haggle, there are plenty that dealers have unregistered, ring around, you might be surprised what spending a couple of hours on the phone will get you :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I started with a Cooper D and S, with lots of extras on and then looked at the difference to JCW and felt that as the JCW had a lot standard it was worth the extra, which included the extra umph! It is true that it ends up very expensive, but then again my wife does not want anything bigger than a Mini.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.