Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I've been reading many threads on this forum to prepare me for when the car arrives and finally decided to sign up and join you all.

Its only a second car for the wife to drive occasionally but I suspect I'll be driving it more than her!!

Decided to go for a Mini Cooper hatch 3 door in Volcanic Orange with auto gearbox...added the pepper pack, park assistant pack, visual boost radio with navigation, black roof and mirrors with black bonnet stripes.

Not as highly specced as many of you on here but we wanted to keep it as cheap as possible. Overall...managed to get £1300 discount after some decent haggling so chuffed. Ordered first week of July and dealer promised us it will definitely arrive first week of September for the new plate but I'm reading so many people on here with delayed orders I'm getting bit worried.

This all comes after owning a 57 plate mini Cooper auto a year ago which had the gearbox die after 3 weeks and hardly any use and gave us so much heart and head ache...it's taken a year but fortunately the financial ombudsmen has helped us recoup some money back which will be going down as a deposit for this new one....just hope that everything goes well after the **** we've been through and can finally enjoy owning a mini.

Anyway...rambling now but looking forward to sharing my mini experience with you all.

Allen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the waiting game...
That sounds like a good discount... you must be a good haggler :)
Thanks! Really hope it doesn't get delayed....although I haven't heard anything from the dealer since the day I placed the order which is a bit worrying...especially since I emailed the sales person. To be honest...I didn't realise it was so difficult to get discounts with new minis before we went in...but it did take a good part of a day to get to the price we were happy with.

Forgot to mention got the upgraded 16" victory wheels in black to match the roof and mirrors and bonnet stripes...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the VO club sounds a lovely car and I should think September delivery should be fine mine is due the same week and when I talked to my dealer a few days ago it was still on track with no delays. Bad about your last car but glad it never put you off the mini brand these things happen had a fiat many years ago that did the same thing twice just luck of the draw and sure your new car will never give you a moments worry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the VO club sounds a lovely car and I should think September delivery should be fine mine is due the same week and when I talked to my dealer a few days ago it was still on track with no delays. Bad about your last car but glad it never put you off the mini brand these things happen had a fiat many years ago that did the same thing twice just luck of the draw and sure your new car will never give you a moments worry
That's promising to hear about being on track....and thanks for the welcome. To be honest, it was a lesson learnt to not buy off some cowboy in a shed from Bury....it was cheaper than others with similar spec/age/mileage etc...but the trader did a runner once he found out I was having issues. From now on, only going to buy from main dealers even if they are more expensive, it's a much more pleasant experience most of the time. We were looking at used cherished Mini's....but the price of them just seemed quite steep for the age of car, in the end we just thought why not just buy a new one....at least it'll come with peace of mind for at least 3 years, and it's the new shape custom made for us.

Loving the VO colour, it's great that they've introduced such a stand out colour as a standard choice. Really wanted to go to town with the extras, but had to resist.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I started the same... looked at 3 year old minis, realised a new cooper was not that much more and better in almost evey way (performance, efficiency, environment etc). But then I did go to town on the extras and spent half as much again :D

Still, one advantage of mini is they give you plenty of time to finally make up your mind while you're waiting. :|

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Lauy and welcome to the VO club from me too!
Lovely choice of car and I hope you get it on time! Where have you ordered from? Ours (jamesant is my husband) is ordered with Williams in Rochdale - a VO MCS - so sounds like the NW dealers are on a similar schedule?
We'll give you a wave if we see you about!
Roll on September...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Strange we started the same where looking at used cooper s around three years old but where £15k plus which goes to show they hold there value. So went for a new one as you can decide on every aspect of the car from paint to mats. But like everyone went a little mad on extras. We have been bitten in the past by dodgy dealers not worth the savings as by the time you put it right you are up to dealer prices anyway....seems like in September Manchester will be orange :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha...yeah i think we may see a wave of VO come September. I've actually not really seen that many new minis about to be honest...especially VO...I've ordered from my local mini dealer which is Halliwell Jones Warrington...they were friendly enough...but we went that day to look at a used car they just got in...we ended up ordering a new one just like that after playing around on the build configurator so its not like we shopped around at different dealers. The discount seemed okay though so just went for it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
haha another north west orangeer

I ordered my MC in VO from Williams stockport last weekend.. confirmed week 35 build and sept 10 delivery (but they did keep saying "it could be delayed" a few too many times to make me comfortable!)

Can't wait! But that timescale seems too good to be true.

I only managed to get £250 thrown into the deposit, no discounts! they did give me a better price for my 2012 BMW 116 than audi did (was also considering an A1 but threw that idea out when I test drove the mini)

·
Registered
49 Posts
mr

ordered my mini cooper s in volcanic orange in march and drove of
in it on the 1st of may. I got mine from halliwell jones too.my partner
went to make a phone call and by the time she came back 4 minutes
later I had spent £2500 on extras she went mad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have buy mini F56 in few week ago, and Now I have installed many accessory

I also have buy mini F56 in few week ago, and Now I have installed many accessory.

Such as the side mirror cover and interior mirror cover, also door handle cover ,and most important is that the door kit, that's very beautiful.

When I look my car, wow, handsome

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.