Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Placed my first Mini order yesterday!

Mini Cooper D with automatic transmission. Racing green body colour with black roof and mirror caps.

Equipment additions inc:
- Chilli pack
- Space saver spare wheel
- Electric folding mirrors
- Chrome line interior and exterior
- Heated front windscreen
- Front centre armrest
- Park distance control + cruise control with brake function
- Mini HUD & Visual boost radio!

I've been given an estimated delivery date of early september, but I find that highly unlikely given the number of reports of delays posted on this forum!

Look forward to adding my contribution in the future!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought cruise control with brake function was part if the driver assist pack, or can you order on its own and how does it display when braking active. I have the driving assist package and almost everything is displayed on the HUD

·
Registered
471 Posts
I thought cruise control with brake function was part if the driver assist pack, or can you order on its own and how does it display when braking active. I have the driving assist package and almost everything is displayed on the HUD
I think unless I'm incorrect you get the cruise control with adaptive breaking with the driver assist pack.

Nice spec JJM - not sure if you are aware (lot of people adding HUD and not) but without the driver assist package you do not get the traffic recognition signs showing up on the HUD.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Cruise control with brake function is the ordinary one... if you cruise down a hill the brake function stops you exceeding the set cruising speed.

Active cruise control comes with the driver assistant pack and uses a camera to make sure you slow down if the car in front slows down.

As I understand it.

Anyway... welcome JJM. Nice to see a tasteful green spec... which wheels did you choose?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think unless I'm incorrect you get the cruise control with adaptive breaking with the driver assist pack.

Nice spec JJM - not sure if you are aware (lot of people adding HUD and not) but without the driver assist package you do not get the traffic recognition signs showing up on the HUD.

Welcome to the forum.
You're correct, you do get them as part of the Driving Assist Pack.

The cruise control also comes with the chilli pack.

You're also correct that traffic recognition signs are part of the driving assistant pack, which is designed to compliment the HUD

Reactions: Black&White_D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have noted that my order is in the UK.

The chilli pack includes cruise control and brake function. Without the driving assistant pack, the car doesn't have adaptive cruise control or the ability to read signs.

I originally didn't have HUD spec. due to cost and without the added Sat nah ability, which I intentionally skipped on (cheaper to use phone with window attachment and assuming better map updates too). However when i sent my spec across to the dealer, they sent back the contract with hud specified at lower final price (everything I requested stayed the same). Since I got an HUD for a cheaper final price, I couldn't complain. Though im not sure how much use it will bring minus the optional nav functions, I can see it being quite useful during cruise control!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of curiousity! Has any member placed an order just before/ after announcement from Mini regarding the Diesel acoustic issue and recieved their Mini on-time?

Are mini still trying to process the backlog or are they back up to speed?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Although ours was ordered in January it was in production when the diesel problem stopped production. Ouers actually came early, but we wouldn't have been affected by the contrast roof thing either.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Out of curiousity! Has any member placed an order just before/ after announcement from Mini regarding the Diesel acoustic issue and recieved their Mini on-time?

Are mini still trying to process the backlog or are they back up to speed?

yes I ordered the cooper D to 29 April, with an estimate of delivery to July 28, I received an update yesterday car is just 650km from Lisbon this in Santander Spain, estimated delivery 18 July :):):) anyway 3 months is a long time ... but I believe the increased pace

·
Registered
167 Posts
I should have noted that my order is in the UK.

The chilli pack includes cruise control and brake function. Without the driving assistant pack, the car doesn't have adaptive cruise control or the ability to read signs.

I originally didn't have HUD spec. due to cost and without the added Sat nah ability, which I intentionally skipped on (cheaper to use phone with window attachment and assuming better map updates too). However when i sent my spec across to the dealer, they sent back the contract with hud specified at lower final price (everything I requested stayed the same). Since I got an HUD for a cheaper final price, I couldn't complain. Though im not sure how much use it will bring minus the optional nav functions, I can see it being quite useful during cruise control!
I've done the same, ordered the basic HUD. I checked out a few videos on YouTube and the extra road signs and arrows for navigation would have been great but I couldn't justify the price. I did have to have the HUD though, as was too cool and i imagine theres still a lot of use and fun to be had with what it does control. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I did the opposite... I had navigation and driving assistant and no HUD, mostly because the demo cars I tried didn't have it. I was worried it wouldn't be easy to read and the pictures and videos on the net didn't really show it in a good way (tiny text floating on the screen).

But then I did get to see it in person... I like the satnav instructions right in front of you (instead of looking at the center screen) and it was easy to read, so I added it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts