Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
194 Posts
Great looking SE and very distinctive rims! drive safe and enjoy it!

ps. i DESPERATELLY need the black belt line! is this an official part?
Black belt line:

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE L3
164 Posts
Great looking SE and very distinctive rims! drive safe and enjoy it!

ps. i DESPERATELLY need the black belt line! is this an official part?
It is an official part. I had asked about it when I placed my deposit and they added it in the backend somehow. It is added at the port when it arrived. Surprisingly it’s actually built into the window sticker pricing.. $675. It was on the car before it arrived at the dealership and took about an extra week of time for them to order and install it once it arrived.
Font Material property Parallel Paper Event

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is normal. You’ll see that kind of affect when you use the radio or whatever media source you have (I get it also when I use my music USB.

It’s a design thing, is what I reckon.
You're right, i saw the ice presentation on motor.tv channel and has the same design. To my eyes seems awkward but its ok, its a mini!!

Land vehicle Speedometer Odometer Steering part Vehicle

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2020 5dr Cooper to 2022 3rd CooperS
1500km / first impressions - still under break-in period (2000km / 4000rpm max, as per owners manual)

• 4cyl engine is a lot smoother, pulling much better from low RPM. Start'n'stop is now usuable and not scary as on 3cyl, but again coded to remember the last setting.
  • Fuel consumption is lower than my previous 3cyl 1500 engine. Recent trip revealed a 5.8lt/100km ,mostly using cruise control set @ 130km/hr. (~6.5 same trip with 1500cc engine)
  • Larger disc brakes have significantly more power
  • The new frequency selective - adaptive suspension works well. With 17" rims is comfortable and smoother on small bumps in comparison with 16" on my previous cooper. Body roll is non existent.
  • LCI2 interior redesign and ambient lighting is very nice and justifies the premium class of the car.
  • 8.8" screen and new UI looks so much better!
  • 3dr chassis has the right proportions - i can not longer feel the sluggish tail as on 5dr when cornering harder.
  • Harman Kardon is a massive upgrade over the visual boost. Right amount of bass, good clarity and much louder than the visual boost. It exceeded my expectations!
  • Love this midnight black 2!
  • What a joy to drive this small bastard!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
83 Posts
Beautiful.

I ordered more or less the same car. Cooper S, midnight black. Mine's a manual. On the outside, I opted to go with the standard chrome details. Meaning, no piano black elements.
Just old-school classic look. Wheels we chose the Rail-Spoke 2-tone rims.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful.

I ordered more or less the same car. Cooper S, midnight black. Mine's a manual. On the outside, I opted to go with the standard chrome details. Meaning, no piano black elements.
Just old-school classic look. Wheels we chose the Rail-Spoke 2-tone rims.

Wishes for quick delivery ;) Personally i won't switch back to manual since DCT's are so good now nowadays. Additionally, i hate the large stick that mini chose to equip the manuals.

What exactly is it you think is off? I can't write follow, ... 🤷‍♂️ ?

Thanks.
I was wondering why the album art is off-centre on the mail screen, but later on i realized that this is a design thing 😕

·
Registered
83 Posts
... Personally i won't switch back to manual since DCT's are so good now nowadays. Additionally, i hate the large stick that mini chose to equip the manuals.
Sure they must be good. No doubt. But I wanted to have a timeless manual. Back to the roots. A classic. One of the last of its kind Mini Oxford will put out...

I l-o-v-e shifitng gears.

Can't wait for my Cooper S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts