Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, am in the process of looking to get a new mini 5 door and just been told by the dealership that they are only able to automatics (no manuals). They didn’t mention this last week so must be a recent change.

anyone else heard of this? Should i just go to another dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been to another dealer and apparently yesterday Mini have informed all dealerships they can no longer order manuals, and some people who have ordered manuals recently might not receive them.
To do with the supply chain issues, they have also significantly reduce the available packs and customisations for new cars

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's not a rumor. You'll read more about it in May.
Only automatic
No Mini One anymore.
In: a new metallic white and Melting Silver III
Out: White Silver, Zesty Yellow, Moonwalk grey, Island Blue
A light option pack and a full option pack.
And more expensive...

·
Registered
105 Posts
If/when confirmation of this comes in it will be interesting to see what dealers say for orders already placed. I simply wouldn’t want an auto so that would be a deal breaker but I would be really pissed if there’s no definitive answer and it goes all the way to Oct (current build date!) and then it’s an issue.

there’s a few of us here waiting on manuals so I’m sure as soon as anyone gets an answer it’ll be posted.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi all, am in the process of looking to get a new mini 5 door and just been told by the dealership that they are only able to automatics (no manuals). They didn’t mention this last week so must be a recent change.

anyone else heard of this? Should i just go to another dealer?
Seems really strange that there is a major shortage of semiconductors & they are adding an auto box which probably uses quite few extra semiconductors. It doesn't make any sense

·
Registered
281 Posts
If above is true & they are getting rid of the mini one it is going to make a base cooper over £20K before options & that is going to price some out of the market. If you are buying by PCP then maybe it wont make much of a difference monthly, but if you buy the car by cash, which i am fortunately able to do, then it is £1400 extra payment on top of your spec for something i do not want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told similar by my local dealer in UK over the weekend just as I was about to order a 5dr hatch Cooper S Sport auto.

Manual dropped, Sport trim dropped,Excusive remains, colours remaining the same, std spec better, only two options for toys.

Delivery should be quicker, I'm guessing the global electronic parts issue is part of the problem so they can sell cars again. May 1st when dealer system goes live, maybe website update too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just stumbled across this thread. If the rumours are true it looks like most of what I ordered is not going to be possible 😂

Zesty Yellow - strange for this to go just after being launched on the hatch but presumably they are focusing on having fewer colours that are more popular, will this be the first time you haven't been able to order a brand new MINI in a shade of blue??

Manual box - I actually don't mind auto boxes on the whole but I test drove an auto JCW and found it didn't suit the character of the car at all, so will have a tough decision to make if this turns out to be correct. Unfortunately with the trend towards EV's/auto's I can see this being true.

Options - I've gone for quite a few individual options (HK audio, heated wheel, heated screen, sunroof) and comfort pack so it looks like this will all be up in the air too. I suspect the nav pack will be looked at as part of the changes as it makes no sense at all now you get Apple CarPlay as standard, it basically means paying £700 for a fairly average factory sat nav system.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Most dealers have only just learn't of the changes and are trying to understand them all across the product range and the impact they will have on existing customer orders.

Dealers have a massive document to digest, meetings with manufacturer and internal meetings and then we will all know more in the next couple of weeks. Don't think it's looking very good for my order but have to wait to hear back from the dealer in the next week or so :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts