Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer and he reckons my order will be fine as it's an October build, so not sure what to make of that. Perhaps it's a temporary change to speed up reduction , or perhaps current orders will be fulfilled and then new orders will only be possible with the changed specs?

I'm quite laid back about it, part of me keeps flirting with the idea of cancelling and buying a used Porsche Cayman instead 😂 If the dealer is bring honest I'm happy to wait until the end of the year, but I'll be really annoyed if it turns out they can't fulfil the spec and they don't tell me until months down the line after sitting on my deposit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer has just made me aware of the potential changes but not confirmed any details stating he won't know until 6th May.

My order is for Island Blue, but I'm looking to change this to Rebel Green anyway, so not too concerned about that, and I've gone for Auto so again if the rumours are true, that shouldn't affect me.

My main concern are the packs as i've gone for Nav Plus and Comfort Packs so be interesting to see how they handle any changes to these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most dealers have only just learn't of the changes and are trying to understand them all across the product range and the impact they will have on existing customer orders.

Dealers have a massive document to digest, meetings with manufacturer and internal meetings and then we will all know more in the next couple of weeks. Don't think it's looking very good for my order but have to wait to hear back from the dealer in the next week or so :(
Taking my order is currently at “0500 cannot be scheduled” I can only suspect I’ll be hearing from them… wait and see I suppose…

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spoke to another dealer contact earlier.

They stated that Mini are discontinuing the manual entirely from June onwards so basically all builds are being pushed back to oct whilst mini work out how many/which builds are going to be scheduled for May/June.

Any after the June build will be told it’s auto (which you’ll have to pay extra for) or cancel the order.

Doesn’t bode well at all frankly.

😬

·
Registered
105 Posts
How about an existing order which was changed from auto to manual on April 22nd? Any chance this will go through?
No idea sorry (I’ve just been trying to get answers for my situation/order) it seems like it’s all up in the air but both dealers I’ve spoken to have been consistent in the message that there should be official updates to anyone with orders in within the next 2 weeks to advise on whether they can fulfil the order for manuals and/or the options moving forward.

If they can’t fulfil the manual for me it’s a deal breaker so I’ll prob start looking at other options just in case.

Real shame if it goes that way having ordered 6 months ago!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think you will be ok if it is into production during June
That's the point, whether or not the config/order change done on Friday, 22-Apr-2022, will trigger the production slot to be pushed back from June into a later month.

Which would have adverse effects on the overall configuration / packaging... (e.g., no more manual, different trim, different packages, etc.) :(

Let's hope for the best, though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Whatever it is a sad day for Mini when the manual goes.
I’m sure a few years ago Mini stopped shipping Manuals to the USA before bringing them back a year or two later.

Whether or not they will make a return to the UK remains to be seen. Especially with their push to go all electric by 2030 and their last petrol powered car released in 2025.

I agree it will be a sad day when manual gearboxes disappear forever but heres hoping they return before it goes all electric ⚡ 🤞

·
Registered
124 Posts
If they can’t fulfil the manual for me it’s a deal breaker so I’ll prob start looking at other options just in case.
The automatic especially when combined with the flappy paddle shift is great fun. Although for those who love manual gearboxes like yourself I can totally understand where your coming from.

Anyway who knows the way things are going maybe the paddle shift will be on the long list of items being removed!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts